About the role
Compassion Australia has set an ambitious four-year strategy, to respond to the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to those living in poverty. In response to this strategy we have created a new department – Performance & Analytics and this role will report directly into the Executive for this department and help the ministry to make informed decisions through data and analysis.
The Head of Data & Analytics is responsible for leading CAU’s data strategy and for developing a scalable data environment to enable meaningful insight into performance, robust and transparent data, and high quality decision support to assist in driving performance and impact.
We are looking for someone who can lead Compassion Australia’s data strategy and develop a scalable data environment to enable Compassion Australia to achieve it’s mission.
You will be responsible for:
- Educating the organisation on the value of data;
- Developing a uniform governance framework over the management, use, access and storage of data across the entire organisation;
- Establishing a centralised data warehouse environment and a road map for the sustainable management of organisational data;
- Aligning data and reporting to the strategic planning process;
- Developing the reporting platforms required for operational and financial performance reporting;
- Enabling a culture of insight and learning through easily accessible data and self service environments; and
- Championing the move towards machine learning and artificial intelligence.
You will bring the following experience & skills:
- Demonstrated ability to translate business strategy into future data business requirements;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing a team of professional staff;
- Experience in developing and implementing data-driven strategies and roadmaps in driving change and innovation;
- Experience implementing data governance, data process management and quality assurance frameworks;
- Strong working knowledge of data applications, solutions, and tools as well as all applicable data privacy laws and regulations;
- Ability to manage the design and build a centralised data warehouse environment;
- Demonstrated ability to manage external vendor relationships and commercial arrangements (desired)
- Technical expertise in SQL, Power BI and Azure or Snowflake (desired)
- Tertiary or professional qualifications in Data Science, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field. (desired)
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a difference. This is a unique opportunity to use your skills and experience to help release children from poverty. This role will offer flexible working arrangements, such as blended work in office and from home, a monthly RDO and great salary packaging opportunities to maximise your take-home pay.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please review the application pack and submit your application by clicking “Apply Now”.
Applications close on Thursday 29th July 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact our People and Culture Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Head of Data & Analytics via Pro Bono Australia.