About the role
GetUp operates under the SCHADS award, this role will have the classification Level 4-6 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications. We encourage people at all stages of their IT career to apply for this position.
This will be a total salary package of:
- Level 4 – IT Support Technician – $74,172.28 – $79,807.52
- Level 5 – IT Support Engineer – $84,854.12 – $88,693.80
- Level 6 – IT Systems Engineer – $92,703.52 -$96,794.88
This position is a full time 12 month fixed term contract, with the possibility of ongoing employment. This role will be located on-site in our Sydney offices, and may require occasional interstate travel.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
We strongly encourage applications from women, non-binary people, transgender people and gender diverse people.
WHO IS THE GETUP TECH TEAM
Technology is core to GetUp’s ability to radically redefine what‘s politically possible in Australia. Our Tech Team is a tight-knit group of experienced, committed developers and data analysts. We work closely with GetUp campaigners and organisers to build innovative digital campaign strategies and tools to amplify our members’ voice, time and money – so they can’t be ignored.
We have lots of exciting ideas about what the future of collective action might look like but we need an experienced technologist to support turning these ideas into reality. This is an opportunity to join our team and work together as we design, build, break and reinvent the tools that help make Australia fairer, protect our environment and enhance our democracy.
WHAT WORKING AT GETUP MEANS:
- Being able to connect your best work to positive real-world impact;
- A place where you’ll have space to learn and experiment – GetUp stays relevant by embracing new technologies;
- Other entitlements to keep you happy and healthy, including six weeks holidays per year and activist leave;
- Flexible working arrangements.
THE IT SUPPORT/SYSTEMS ENGINEER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
GetUp is a digital first organisation and therefore our teams need a range of IT support across a range of systems. This position will be the primary point of contact for IT support at GetUp and will be responsible for:
- Administering support to GetUp staff and volunteers on all IT matters including physical devices, applications, networking, IT infrastructure and other IT services;
- Overseeing and administering the setup and maintenance of all staff systems, accounts and devices;
- Developing and administering training for staff and volunteers in the use of GetUp’s IT applications, services, and devices;
- Managing the content of our internal knowledge base;
- Collecting IT and support reporting data, identifying trends and formulating recommendations;
- Drafting IT Systems and Support strategy and policy in accordance with team goals and organisational strategy;
- Developing and maintaining high quality IT support systems and processes in line with industry best practice.
YOU WILL BE SOMEONE WHO IS OR HAS:
- Passionate about growing and strengthening a movement of everyday people to take action for change on a wide range of issues;
- Enthusiasm about supporting people and teams to thrive in the workplace;
- An ability to assist people across a wide range of IT needs;
- Experience with or a willingness to learn GetUp’s IT applications, services, and devices;
- A demonstrated ability to provide remote assistance and work autonomously;
- Willingness to travel to provide assistance to staff in GetUp office around the country; and
- Relevant qualifications and at least 2 years professional experience.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience working for a non-profit organisation
- An ability to design, deploy and maintain IT systems, in addition to supporting them
- An ability to deploy and maintain web applications and database systems
Applications will close at 9am Monday 16 August 2021.
Apply via https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/hiring/hiring–2/work-at-getup
About the organisation
WHO IS GETUP
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of everyday people. We combine the power of over one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most – in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness, First Nations Justice and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
How to apply
If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
Please quote in application: IT Support/Systems Engineer via Pro Bono Australia.