About the role
- Full Time, fixed term opportunity till 30 June 2024
- Flexible to work in one of these locations: South Western Sydney / Western Sydney / Nepean Blue Mountains / Hunter New England
- SCHADS Award – Level 6.1 to 6.3 Schedule B ($45.77 to $47.79 per hour – depending on experience), + 10% superannuation + salary packaging benefits + 17.5% leave
The Program Coordinator oversees the day-to-day operations of the YCLSS program, focusing on providing day to day supervision and coaching to YLCSS Team Leaders that ensures the delivery of high
quality, safe, effective and evidence-based supports, while also ensuring that program governance, budgetary and contractual requirements are met. The Program Coordinator also oversees and supports stakeholder relationships across their Local Health Districts.
What you will need:
- Tertiary level qualifications in Mental Health or Community Services, the Social Sciences or related discipline
- At least 2 years program management experience
- A contemporary understanding of mental health issues and recovery orientated mental health practice working with young people
- Current Driver Licence and the ability to undertake regular travel
- Right to Work within Australia
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 12 months old] /
- Working with Children Check / NDIS Worker Screening Check, prior to commencement
Completion of NDIS Quality and Safeguards Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’
About the organisation
We are a value-based organisation. Our values are Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, and Participation. Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Youth Community Living Support Services (YCLSS) is a NSW government funded initiative that delivers time-limited specialist community based psychosocial support services designed for young
people aged 15 to 24 (inclusive), with serious mental illness, who have, or are at risk of developing, functional disability because of their mental health problems. The service is delivered in five targeted locations across NSW in close partnership with Local Health Districts, with a focus on coordinated and integrated care. YCLSS offers young people flexible hours and types of support to ensure that support meets a person's current needs and goals. All services are provided within the context of a recovery model and in a way that empowers individuals to live in the community with optimum self-determination and independence.
The main aims of the program are to:
- Support the personal recovery of young people with mental illness through tailored community psychosocial support; and
- Minimise the risk of young people developing chronic disability
and requiring frequent hospital admissions, long inpatient stays
and long-term care
How to apply
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Martina Abdo - Acting Regional Manager on 0439 506 395.
Applications close 25th July 2021 - Close of Business
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Please quote in application: Program Coordinator - Youth Community Living Support Service via Pro Bono Australia.