About the role
- Make a difference in the lives of children
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including, vehicle, phone, tablet and salary packaging
- Northern Territory – Darwin location full time and ongoing role
The position of Program Manager, Therapeutic Services is a new position created to help manage and support the growth of a range of specialist therapeutic services across the Northern Territory.
The Program Manager will oversee a range of therapeutic services that are working with children, young people and their families who are at risk and/or involved in child protection or youth justice services. The role will be responsible for developing and implementing quality assurance and program development measures to ensure that program performance remains of a high quality and reflective of best practice. This position will also be responsible for managing high level partnerships with other NGO’s and Governments and will represent the Foundation on key reference groups and other strategically important forums. The Program Manager will work with the Senior Manager Therapeutic Services in developing, implementing, and reviewing the strategic direction for Therapeutic Services and in the preparation of submissions to grow the activity in this program area.
The Program Manager will be expected to travel within the Northern Territory on a regular basis to support those programs and partnerships.
About You – Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Ideally, you will have a minimum of five years of senior management experience.
- Extensive experience in the area of child abuse, childhood trauma, and/or in working with children and young people.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and communities.
- Extensive experience in program development, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in submission writing and grant seeking.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and provision of education workshops to health, welfare, education and legal professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of clinical practitioners from a range of professional disciplines.
- Sound interpersonal skills, including demonstrated capacity to negotiate sensitive and complex issues with specific expertise in conflict resolution.
- Sound understanding of what is meant by trauma informed therapeutic services.
- Demonstrated commitment to a learning culture and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain effective relationships/partnerships with other agencies and key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and responsively in a dynamic environment.
- A current Australian driver’s license or equivalent
- Must undergo a NationalPolice and Child Protection Check
- Hold or obtain required First Aid Certification
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary, vehicle, phone, tablet, and superannuation. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values-based organisation, you will also have access to:
- Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
About the organisation
The Australian Childhood Foundation has a strong reputation for delivery of therapeutic services, professional training and secondary consultation built upon up-to-date evidence-based theoretical frameworks including the neurobiology of trauma, attachment and relational theories and child development.
How to apply
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please forward a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for more information about the role or a copy of the position description please email email@example.com
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 2nd August 2021.
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Program Manager - Therapeutic Services Darwin via Pro Bono Australia.