About the role
Haven; Home, Safe (HHS) and Mind Australia have joined forces to deliver the From Homelessness to a Home (H2H) program across the Barwon and Loddon Mallee regions of Victoria.
The State Government funded program provides a pathway for people who were temporarily placed in hotels during COVID-19 to transition from homelessness to safe, secure, and affordable housing.
HHS and Mind will work intensively with other specialist agencies to deliver a tailored and responsive service based on the needs of individuals, including mental health, drug and alcohol, and family violence support to help them sustain a long-term tenancy.
Case Coordinators will support improved access, connection to and navigation of, mainstream health and other support services.
- work with the client to develop a holistic, strengths-based, goal-oriented plan that will remain with the client for the duration of their time in the program and is shared with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- review the client’s plan, and progress against their plan, with them on a regular basis, with the differing intensity of contact depending on the client’s needs.
- Initial plan development begin client exit pathways and preparation to enable a successful transition tolonger-term housing
- actively engage with the client: using persistence, compassion, flexibility, and an understanding of trauma, to build trust and maintain a relationship.
- Consult, promote, and build relationships with formal and informal services, networks, and other community resources.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Formal qualifications in social services and demonstrated experience in this field complemented by experience and knowledge of the social and community housing sector.
- Strong case management experience and exposure to working with clients with a variety of needs.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with people in crisis and an understanding of the behaviors of people who are undergoing significant personal crisis due to homelessness and/or rough sleeping.
- Ability to scope service systems and link supports.
What we offer in return
- Competitive remuneration, salary packaging for living expenses, meal and entertainment expenses
- A day off on your birthday
- Inclusive work culture
- Novated leasing options
- Learning, development, and career opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
About the organisation
Haven; Home, Safe is the leading provider of end-to-end supports and housing services for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Victoria.
How to apply
For a detailed description of the position and to apply for this position, please visit our job vacancy portal
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, and a statement addressing the key selection criteria - please note, only complete applications will be considered
Manager Shane Smith
Mobile 0411 657 554
Haven; Home, Safe (HHS) is committed to building an inclusive workplace where all people feel valued, are empowered to bring their complete, authentic selves to work, and have equal access to opportunities to help them reach their full potential. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with disabilities, culturally and linguistically diverse people, including refugees to our country, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, and Queer+ (LGBTIQ+) communities.
Please quote in application: Case Coordinator – H2H Program South via Pro Bono Australia.