About the role
Anglicare Southern Queensland (Anglicare SQ) is a trusted community services provider, walking alongside those in need – offering compassionate care, support and counselling and advocating for the most vulnerable in our community. With the values of Love, Care, Hope and Humility at the core, their impact is delivered by more than 3,000 staff and 300 volunteers.
Last year Anglicare SQ supported more than 51,000 Queenslanders. We are now seeking exceptional, purpose aligned candidates for the role of Chief Executive (Executive Director) to guide the organisation into the future, delivering on our mission to transform lives through loving service.
The Executive Director reports to the Board and the Diocesan General Manager and is an ex-officio member of the Diocesan Leadership Team. This vital role leads the formation and execution of strategic and operational plans and inspires the organisation to provide exceptional services for seniors in residential, retirement and community aged care, out of home care and support services for children and families, mental health counselling and wellbeing programs and homelessness accommodation and support services.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provide insightful and empowering leadership, supporting the organisational culture expressed in the vision and values of Anglicare SQ
- Lead the formation and execution of strategic and operational plans that encourage innovation, best practice, operational excellence, and agility – managing risk and driving commercial outcomes that enable the organisation to grow its ability to positively impact and support those in need
- Anticipate and respond to organisational opportunities, reform, and sector transformation
- Represent the organisation as the key public facing representative
- Develop productive relationships with stakeholders and networks including government, peak bodies industry, community sector, donors, private sector, and the community
- Ensure all program areas provide exceptional outcomes for clients and that there this is an effective Clinical and Care Governance Framework that ensures safety and quality of care
- Retain and attract exceptional staff and volunteers, positioning Anglicare SQ as an employer of choice
- In collaboration with the Director of Mission, facilitate the creation of an environment in which the spiritual and vocational life of employees and clients can be sensitively nurtured
- Champion the voice of clients and the most vulnerable through Advocacy and research
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate an outstanding record of innovative, visionary, values-led leadership, as a Senior Executive or CEO, that has led and grown a complex organisation recognised for delivery of quality outcomes and financial sustainability in the human services and/or health or related person-centred industries. You will have exceptional impactful and empathetic communication skills and will be deeply values aligned.
Whilst strong preference will be given to suitably aligned candidates from the human services and/or health sectors; we will also consider exceptional Senior Executive or CEO level candidates who can demonstrate commitment and passion for the delivery of services to the vulnerable and those in need.
To apply, please forward your resume along with a 1-2 page cover letter that demonstrates your achievements and connection to the requirements outlined to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential enquiries can be made to Danielle Guinea or Natasha Olsson-Seeto on 07 3305 5800.
Applications will close on 5pm Thursday, 16 September 2021.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.