About the role
Are you UniQuest’s next dealmaker?
- Are you excited by discovery and early stage technologies?
- Do you have a drive for doing deals that solve real world problems?
- Are you looking to thrive in a collaborative, supportive team environment?
UniQuest is the commercialisation company of The University of Queensland. Working at the interface between industry and UQ’s researchers, UniQuest identifies, protects, manages and commercialises UQ’s intellectual property (IP), creating impact from the outcomes of research. Our track record includes the licensing of Australia’s blockbuster vaccine Gardasil®, and the Triple P – Positive Parenting Program® – one of the most effective evidence-based parenting programs in the world, reaching over 4 million children and their families in more than 25 countries.
Join UniQuest as a Commercialisation Associate in the Social and Behavioural Sciences team, and you will:
- Identify and champion new, commercially-valuable intellectual property which transforms the way global communities tackle challenges in diverse sectors such as mental health, education, and ageing;
- Prepare and qualify preliminary due diligence evaluations and robust commercialisation plans, leveraging a supported and proven framework;
- Support business development and deal activities;
- Learn and benefit from your industry-experienced colleagues.
You will build and maintain strong relationships with world-class researchers and commercialise intellectual property from a wide range of UQ’s faculties, institutes and schools, including the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences, the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law, as well as School of ITEE and Faculty of Medicine.
Applications close COB Monday 20th September 2021
About the organisation
UniQuest is Australia’s leading technology transfer company, managing the intellectual property of The University of Queensland (UQ). We commercialise UQ research to create change and deliver solutions for a better world. Our innovation portfolio includes the HPV vaccine Gardasil®, the Triple P – Positive Parenting Program and superconductor technology used in most of the world's MRI machines. Since 2002, UniQuest and its 100+ start-up companies have raised more than A$856 million to take university technologies to market, seeing more than $44 billion in global sales of products based on protected UQ technology.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading teaching and research universities and ranks among the world’s top universities according to several key independent rankings. More than 53,600 current students study at UQ, which has won more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. UQ’s research has global impact, delivered by an interdisciplinary community of more than 1500 researchers across six faculties, eight globally recognised research institutes and 100+ research centres.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Commercialisation Associate - Social and Behavioural Sciences via Pro Bono Australia.