About the role
Macquarie University began as a bold experiment to break from tradition, to be distinctive, progressive and transformational. Today Macquarie is recognised internationally, its research leading the way in ground-breaking discoveries, its academics and researches at the forefront of innovation tackling the big issues of our time.
Led by the VC Prof S Bruce Dowton, Macquarie is home to four faculties, the newest being the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, and home to exceptional facilities and hubs of innovation that unite Macquarie’s students, researchers, academics, donors and partners to achieve extraordinary things.
Benefits and Culture
- Macquarie employs people of outstanding calibre and offers a unique environment where staff are valued and rewarded. Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Above average salary plus 17% superannuation and loading
- Report to Lesley Malarkey, a highly qualified senior development manager of major gifts and individual giving with a natural flair for genuine leadership and a love of philanthropy
- Work from Sydney CBD campus and North Ryde. Some WFH.
Working within a collegiate highly skilled team, academics and professionals you will secure support from a diverse portfolio of Australia’s strong and ready to be mobilised high-net-worth individuals, securing significant philanthropic commitments with a focus on gifts of $100k+.
Your other key accountabilities include;
- Developing, implementing and reviewing engagement strategies in consultation with the team
- The analysing and reporting on trends making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Provide expertise on fundraising and solicitation techniques to your colleagues
- Build and manage collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders
You’re currently securing major gifts, or perhaps you’re looking to step-up from your individual giving, sponsorship, sales and events management. The successful candidate will be experienced in having purposeful conversations with a wide range of people that leads to securing significant revenue. The key to your success in this role will also include;
- Your experience managing a process from end to end, including engagement, closing and stewardship
- High emotional intelligence with a genuine style that engages people from all walks of life
If you want to work as part of a high calibre team raising funds for one of the leading international universities then please apply by submitting your cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume or contact Kelly Gentle or Richard Green in Sydney on 02 8243 0570.
*Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Development Manager – Major Gifts via Pro Bono Australia.