About the role
If you are a creative thinker, good listener, have experience in human services and you are tech-curious, you may be the right person to join our team as we grow our social impact and our business.
The company is growing. This new position will work directly with organisations to help implement CSnet client information systems, promote the value of CSnet to new and existing CSnet organisations and build awareness of the benefits of CSnet in the human services and social impact sectors.
In this role, you will be a key contributor in the practice team and business development strategies – work which is grounded in your experience as a practitioner in the provision of human services and great communication skills. The role includes –
- Managing relationships with CSnet organisations and assisting them to maintain and improve implementation of the system
- Leading or assisting in implementations of CSnet in new organisations, as required
- Participating in identifying business development opportunities, with a clear focus on understanding how human services think about, want to hear about, interact with and make decisions about CSnet. The role includes implementing systems and processes to support a growing awareness and interest in CSnet.
Community Services.net is a certified B Corp, with a strong commitment to transparency, social responsibility and community outcomes. As part of the CSnet team, the employee agrees to contribute to strengthening our values and developing Community Services.net as a company committed to making a positive impact on our human resources, customers, our community and the environment.
Qualifications and experience
There are four things you need to address in a short, written application –
- Experience in human services, either in practitioner, management or administrative roles
- Expertise in communication and stakeholder management, across a range of media, in a cross cultural or multi-disciplinary context
- Experience in managing people and projects, participating in teams, in non-technical roles relating to client information, other organisational systems and change management
- Experience in marketing and / or business development
Tertiary qualifications are preferred and are not essential.
Note that we need two referees who we can contact on the phone to confirm your experience.
Conditions and salary
This is a full-time role, with a probationary period of three months. An employment contract will be signed on commencement with the successful candidate.
The initial salary is $95K plus superannuation. It is expected that the suitable applicant will have the capacity to work from home as negotiated.
The primary location of the role is a matter for negotiation and likely to be in either be Brisbane or Melbourne. Subject to health regulations, the role is likely to involve a combination of working with CSnet peers in an office environment and working-from-home as negotiated.
Some level of travel will be expected. A successful candidate living in Melbourne will be expected to spend substantive time in Brisbane, particularly during the probation and on-boarding process.
CSnet is an equal opportunity employer.
About the organisation
We are CSnet – a provider of ‘software as a service’ in the niche area of not-for-profit and for-purpose human services to support client information systems and social outcome measurement. Our services commenced in 2011, and are delivered by Community Services.net Pty Ltd. Our offices are in Brisbane and Melbourne.
The CSnet team is a multi-disciplinary team of people from human services and technical IT backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Human Services Practitioner / Business Developer via Pro Bono Australia.