About the role
The Local Community Services Association (LCSA) is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the team. This position is funded through the NSW Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) Social Sector Transformation Fund (SSTF) for a period of 12 months, 38 hours per week at SCHADS Award, Level 6. The role is formally based in Woolloomooloo. Working from home and other flexible work arrangements can be negotiated, therefore applications from anywhere in Australia will be considered.
This is a senior project and capacity building role, reporting directly to the LCSA Executive Officer, with a focus on project managing the development and delivery of a Trauma-informed Community Development Training Program (TICDTP).
This role involves:
- establishing effective community partnerships with key agencies across NSW currently delivering emergency preparedness and recovery programs and community development training (both those providing Community Development training in general and Community Development training that is trauma-informed);
- engaging TEI stakeholders in capacity building relating to trauma-informed community development practices;
- ensuring the development and delivery of an online training course in TICDP and other sustainability training;
- ensuring an increase in the capacity of 10 LCSA member organisations to establish a community-led resilience project
- evaluating the effectiveness of the project.
Essential Selection Criteria
1) Formal Qualifications Requirements:
- tertiary qualifications in relevant disciplines such as community development, project management, emergency management and/or extensive experience in a related field
2) Knowledge Requirements
The candidate must be able to demonstrate current knowledge in the following areas:
- TEI funded services in particular neighbourhood and community centres
- current Issues facing community organisations
- emergency management agencies and programs
- trauma-informed protocols
- community development practices
- understanding of cultural competency
3) Experience Requirements
The candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- project management
- evaluation, data collection and reporting
- emergency management and/or community engagement
4) Competencies Requirements
- excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- manage a variety of tasks and competing priorities within tight timeframes
- work independently in a team environment
- computer skills and e-technology
- liaise and partner with stakeholders at all levels
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience in providing assistance and support to organisations at various levels of development
- A current unencumbered Class C drivers license.
About the organisation
The Local Community Services Association (LCSA) represents 170 Neighbourhood and Community Centres and other locally-based, locally-governed community development organisations across NSW. LCSA is the voice for Community Development in NSW. We advocate on behalf of our members, represent their interests to government and provide capacity building and organisational governance support.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Manager – Trauma-informed Community Development Training via Pro Bono Australia.