About the role
Based in Logan, QLD
- Full Time Permanent position – working 35 hours per week
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
The Senior IT Officer will be responsible to build bridges between the Business Units / Programs (“Business”) and IT and support end-users with technology challenges. In this role, the Officer engages with all levels of the Business to provide IT Support services.
The Officer will perform a large part of their work independently but will consult regularly with Senior IT Management and Head of IT to ensure that they support current systems and assist in the implementation of technology enabling solutions in the manner the Business requires.
In addition to above, the Senior IT Officer will play an important role in facilitating the implementation of Projects in Access within the broader umbrella of Technology-enabled Business Transformation Roadmap. Accordingly the Senior IT Officer is expected to have a broader knowledge on solution architect, integration of systems and project management.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Providing technical guidance, expertise, insights, reports, reviews and recommendations as appropriate to assist in promoting and driving IT best practices and services across the Business;
- Identifying and understanding business and stakeholders needs, operational and processing issues and recommend ways to address them and develop solutions together with the respective subject matter experts across the Business and IT department;
- Work with the IT Support team and 3rd party support providers to ensure that all ITC incidents and service requests are resolved in line with business agreed SLAs;
- Engaging with the Business proactively where opportunities arise to identify pain points, understand their needs, concerns and develop strategies or processes to solve them;
- Working with PaC team and Program management to ensure optimum processes are facilitated for staff and premises additions, moves and changes are equipped with appropriate ITC Services and Infrastructure;
- Working with the IT Support team and Project Managers to ensure the implementation and delivery of ITC services for all Programs and Business Units;
- Engaging and working with external parties as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- At least 5 years of practical experience in the IT field;
- Extensive experience in ITC roles including support, administration, solution design, and implementation and project delivery;
- Knowledge and understanding of ITC service delivery and ITC project delivery methodologies for the successful delivery of ITC services and projects;
- Strong commitment to client-focused operations and working within collaborative team environments;
- Demonstrated successful experience in supporting end-users from different teams and geographically dispersed ITC systems and resources;
- Knowledge of operating in a multi-site WAN environment;
- Ability to communicate and articulate with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds, across a range of areas related to responsibilities of the position with an ability to translate technical language to lay audiences;
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and be sensitive to stakeholder needs in a timely and confidential manner;
- A proactive approach and independent thinking and acting is vital to perform this role;
- Prior experience and/or understanding of the Not for Profit sector is desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible work policy, including 9 day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
Interested? Do you have the experience and skills that we need? Please apply now.
About the organisation
Access Community Services Limited (ACSL) is Australia's leader and specialist in settlement, employment, training and youth and social enterprises for migrants, refugees and mainstream clients, in Queensland, particularly in the South East. As a community-based, not-for-profit organisation limited by guarantee, we boast over a 30 year history of serving our local community which was originally established in Logan in 1984.
We are committed to fostering community development, youth, settlement and employment initiatives and to providing personal support programs to address the needs of disadvantaged youth and community groups including migrants, refugees, humanitarian entrants and visa holders.
How to apply
Please submit your application addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) included along with the cover letter attachment and current resume directly via our careers page here: https://www.accesscommunity.
***Applications will not be considered without the resume and response to selection criteria. Please merge your cover letter and selection criteria in a single document.***
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please quote in application: Senior IT Officer via Pro Bono Australia.