About the role
- Full time, fixed term (28/7/2022) position
- SCHADS award level 3.3, schedule B ($34.20 per hour) + superannuation + great employee benefits such as salary packaging!
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- An opportunity to apply your leadership skills to support in driving Wellways’ vision and strategic goals
The Support Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of NDIS funded Support Coordination. Support Coordination is a capacity building support specifically provided to NDIS participants to assist in
strengthening a participant’s ability to design, manage, and ultimately control their supports, recognising each participant’s inherent ability to exercise choice and control.
The Support Coordinator will ensure that Support Coordination services are delivered at consistently high standards of quality that meet and exceed both internal and external benchmarks and standards. In line with industry standards, it is expected that Support Coordinators attribute at least 80% of their time to providing funded supports.
The Support Coordinator forms part of the broader regional CDS team and works in close collaboration with this and other CDS teams across Wellways, as well as a wide range of other internal and external
stakeholders, including the CDS Rostering Team, CDS Claims Staff, Quality and Service Development Team, regional colleagues, Local Area Coordinators, mainstream services and more.
As the ideal candidate, you will possess the following:
- Tertiary Qualifications in a social science or related discipline
- Experience in the area of crisis intervention and trauma response including self-care management practices
- Experience consulting and working collaboratively with communities and other stakeholders
- Experience in the delivery of community development, education and capacity building initiatives, with a particular emphasis on working with diverse communities and groups
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in educational and community development suicide prevention work
- The ability to communicate and model a vision that generates enthusiasm and commitment
- A current valid Driver’s License
- A satisfactory Police Records Check and Working With
- Vulnerable People Card, prior to commencement
- NDIS Orientation Certificate
About the organisation
Wellways works with people with mental illness and other disabilities, their families and friends to improve their wellbeing and to gain inclusion into communities. We provide this support through recovery, education and advocacy programs and provide a range of innovative rehabilitation programs. We currently employ over 1000 staff and work across multiple sites within Victoria, Tasmania, New South Wales, Queensland and the ACT
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Coordinator - Consumer Directed Services via Pro Bono Australia.