About the role
- Contribute to the development of Victoria’s vibrant and growing Arts/Disability sector!
- Board members are able to work remotely when required
Are you passionate about increasing employment and artistic opportunities for Deaf and Disabled artists in Victoria?
We are looking for exceptional candidates to join the AAV Board to help actualise AAV’s vision of cultural equity for Deaf and Disabled people.
Board members are responsible for the following principles of governance:
- that the AAV vision is the central motivation and purpose for all organisational activities
- that governance of the organisation is the responsibility of the Board of Management
What we offer:
- To gain satisfaction from their involvement with AAV
- To be supported and respected by staff and other AAV members
- Have clearly defined responsibilities
- Receive adequate and clear information pertaining to their role and initial induction and on-going training relevant to their role
- Be reimbursed for any out of pocket expenses including childcare, access and travel for AAV meetings
Does this appeal to you? If so, please download the Board of Management Position Description(PD) [Word 74 KB] and Expression of Interest(EOI) [Word 69 KB]. Once filled in please email your EOI to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Monday 4 October 2021.
Information about this role can be obtained by emailing Ayse Ayranci, Admin Coordinator at email@example.com or phone 9699 8299.
Arts Access Victoria is committed to equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage Deaf and Disabled, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ+ and/or CALD people to apply. If you require assistance with your application, please contact us. A position description is available in alternate formats if required, including Braille, CD, Large Print and Plain English. If you are interviewed for the role, please let us know if you have any access requirements.
About the organisation
Established in 1974, Arts Access Victoria (AAV) has since become the state’s leading arts and disability organization. AAV’s work diversifies the bodies, thinking and ways of being usually experienced in arts and cultural spaces. New aesthetics are on view and experienced, the stories offered are often unfamiliar or regularly told by others. Our stories are authentic and ours to tell.
The organisation achieves this vision through: disability led advocacy; the delivery of outstanding community arts and cultural development programs for Deaf and Disabled artists; professional development programs for Deaf and Disabled artists and artsworkers aimed at securing employment outcomes and best practice industry development initiatives that drive the engagement of organisations across the creative, disability and community sectors. Information about the organisation can be found at www.artsaccess.com.au.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Board of Management, Member (volunteer position) via Pro Bono Australia.