About the role
- Opportunity to make a difference in a purpose-led organisation
- Not-for-profit salary packaging tax-free benefits!
- SCHCADS Award Level 5 – $42.94 hourly.
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
The Outreach Case Worker will provide assertive outreach and case management to homeless persons and assist in helping people stabilise and sustain their accommodation.
- Conducting initial intakes/assessments & provide these clients with the skills, information, and options they need to be empowered and make informed choices about their behavior.
- Provide assertive outreach services by directly approaching people in their environment, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to develop relationships with them.
- Undertake home visits with clients and where appropriate develop case plans with the clients, provide ongoing support to achieve the case plan, and monitor, review and follow up the case plan.
- Develop networks and work collaboratively with support services, government agencies, and other appropriate service providers to provide clients with seamless and ‘joined up’ services.
- Connect clients to drug and alcohol, housing, health, mental health, and other mainstream services, through supported referrals or other appropriate means.
This role reports to the Accommodation Manager, Matthew Talbot HostelTo be successful, you will need:
- Minimum TAFE Certificate IV or currently undertaking tertiary study, in welfare or related field
- Extensive experience working with rough sleepers in the community, within an Assertive Outreach model
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues relating to homelessness including but not limited to family breakdown, mental illness, drug, alcohol, and gambling addictions.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and sounds computer skills.
- Ability to use sound judgment and act appropriately in crisis and emergency situations.
- The role involves assertive Outreach Street patrol, so requires flexibility to sometimes work outside of regular hours.
About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case worker via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing