About the role
We are Achieve Australia!
- Permanent, Full-time role – 38 hours per week
- Pay info – 90K plus attractive salary packaging and superannuation
- Location: North Ryde
About the role:
Reporting to the Practice Lead (Clinical Support) the Clinical Educator role will play a critical role in the professional development of direct care workers and registered nursing staff by maintaining and advancing nursing practice and complex care skills and building the clinical competence of staff to the safe and effective delivery of clinical supports to clients.
- Work with the Quality and Practice Leadership Team to support our commitment to high-level clinical education and training.
- Promote a high standard of evidence-based clinical care to clients, through the dissemination of current best practice knowledge.
- Develop and implement approved Clinical Education Plans
- Conduct clinical skill assessments and competencies in keeping with our Mandatory Training Procedure and Matrix.
- Provide analysis of monthly reports to management that identifies compliance with internal education, training plans and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide key training metrics that confirm staffs’ compliance with Achieve Australia’s Clinical Governance Framework and with regulatory compliance requirements.
Achieve Australia supports a workplace that embraces all people’s unique contributions and fosters social inclusion through the experience of belonging. People with disabilities, Aboriginal Australians, and people from diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply for this job.
- Current Authority to Practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A minimum of 5 years post basic registration experience and evidence of sound theoretical knowledge and ongoing professional development as reflected in the Professional Practice Portfolio.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or equivalent is desirable.
- Experience in providing education, mentoring and support to staff in their current workplace.
- Effective clinical teaching skills
- Advanced computer skills and use of software programs to develop and deliver education and training, maintain training recipient data, and generate reports
- Sound theoretical knowledge and demonstrated experience in utilizing a range of teaching and learning strategies to support staff development including eLearning platforms
- Evidence of professional leadership and updating of own clinical competencies to ensure education and training delivery is in line with current best practice
- Experience utilizing improvement processes and in the development of competency frameworks
- Demonstrated commitment to clinical and professional development
- Advanced written and verbal skills
- Ability to travel across Sydney
If you want to know more about this role, please access the Position description provided below.
Our benefits – Our employees are the champions for an inclusive world and in return we offer:
- Working as part of a team that makes a difference in people’s lives
- Access to Employee Assistance and Fitness Passport programs
- Supportive, friendly team environment and culture
Pre-employment checks: Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. Applications will be assessed on merit.
Candidates successful from the selection process will require to complete the following:
- Reference checks
- Police check (Please note criminal history does not immediately affect employment opportunities)
- Working with Children check
- NDIS Worker Check
- Health declaration
- Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination
About the organisation
Achieve Australia has been providing services to people with disabilities since the 1950s. Today, we are a registered NDIS provider offering accommodation, community participation, supported employment and support coordination services in Greater Sydney and in Northern Rivers regions in NSW.
- Our Passion is social inclusion for people with disability.
- Our Purpose is to build extraordinary lives, supporting people with disability to be well, have a home, choose a career, learn new skills, participate in their community and enjoy a full life.
- We live by our Principles of inclusiveness, stewardship, extraordinary outcomes and ethical practices.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Clinical Educator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Disabilities, #Education_and_Training, #Mental_Health