About the role
- Are you passionate about driving transformational and innovative change to magnify impact?
- Do you want to challenge yourself AND make a difference in the world?
- Lead a team focused on accelerating the achievement of Caritas Australia’s strategic goals
Let’s talk about your next role
To know if we’re achieving our mission, Caritas Australia must measure and understand our impact. We are relentlessly focused on transforming and innovating our work and are seeking a talented Director – Impact to help us measure our progress in getting there, while concurrently shaping our understanding of how to integrate measurement and evaluation into a design-led approach to aid and development.
As the Director of Impact, you will be responsible for leading a division to comprehensively understand and evaluate the impact of Caritas Australia and to ensure our position as a thought leader in support of the agency’s vision and mission. You will play a crucial role in developing and implementing the systems and tools that will identify and capture the depth and breadth of impact that our programs have on participants.
Success in this varied role will look like:
- Driving strategy development across the organisation, working collaboratively to synthesise insights on near and long-term opportunities and challenges in the aid and development sector to form considered recommendations.
- Overseeing and guiding development, implementation, monitoring and refinement of the Caritas Australia Strategy beyond 2021 clearly defining the direction of the Caritas Australia network and the role of Caritas Australia to achieve this.
- Initiate, build, and maintain collaborative partnerships across the sector locally and internationally to advance research and advocacy, in accordance with Caritas Australia’s strategic aims.
- Manage, coordinate, and execute the collection of data from the Programs teams, partner organisations, and stakeholders, providing support for timely, accurate, and consistent reporting against our Strategic Priorities
- Analyse, synthesise, and produce key insights that can easily inform multiple audiences across Caritas Australia—from key leadership (i.e. Leadership Team, Board Members) to our wide network of supporters
- Collaborate with Caritas Australia’s Engagement and Sustainability team to identify insights, strengthen evidence to inspire storytelling efforts, and cultivate relationships with key partners
- Engage with the Programs teams to help them envision and embed creative methods for impact measurement into the solutions they’re delivering to our partners at the prototype, pilot, and implementation phases
Let’s talk about you
To be successful in this role, you’ll bring along:
- A Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Economics, Mathematics, Communications or related field
- Experience in advocacy, research, measurement, and evaluation, ideally working in international development or social change and a deep understanding of the sector
- Strong analytical, evaluation design, and methodological skills, and utilises “right-fit” methods for a broad range of quantitative and qualitative approaches to communicate a rigorous, yet compelling story about Caritas Australia’s impact
- Experience in survey methodology and monitoring social or environmental outcomes in a development context
- Worked with large funding organisations such as DFAT and other foundations and is comfortable speaking their language
- Ability to facilitate the process of turning impact data into meaningful stories for the organisation
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with a keen ability to synthesise and present complex data in a simple, compelling, meaningful way
- Demonstrates a zeal for design thinking and utilises multiple practices and mindsets of human-centred design, such as prototyping solutions and embracing ambiguity
- Brings a positive mindset and attitude to Caritas Australia that continuously pushes the organisation to accomplish its mission
Sounds like you?
That’s a good sign! In return for your skills and experience, we offer development opportunities and a genuine flexible work/life balance.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home, an office or a combination of both.
We are a not-for-profit, so we offer a range of benefits. You can find more out here: https://www.caritas.org.au/about/careers/work-with-us
Learn more about Caritas Australia, our work and how we’re making a difference at: https://www.caritas.org.au/
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Caritas Australia, we recognise the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults towards whom we have a special responsibility. If you are offered this position, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks, including police checks and reference checks. If the position requires a Working with Children Check or foreign police check, it is your responsibility to obtain one before starting work. You will also be required to sign our Code of Conduct which includes a section on Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults as well as to abide by our safeguarding policies.
Our commitment to diversity
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Please submit your application including your cover letter and CV as soon as possible. We will be interviewing as applications come through, so please don’t delay in submitting yours.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Director, Impact via Pro Bono Australia.