About the role
Writing NSW is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled fundraiser to expand its revenue base through grants, donations and philanthropy.
Reporting to the CEO, you will plan, develop and implement partnerships and revenue-generating activities to support Writing NSW’s expanding strategic and financial goals. Through diversification of the organisation’s revenue base, you will make a vital contribution to the ongoing development of an exciting and diverse writing culture in our state.
This is a part-time position (3 days per week). The salary package will be negotiated in line with expectations in the small-to-medium arts sector. Flexible working arrangements can be negotiated.
You will have at least five years’ experience in a similar fundraising or partnership management role, preferably within the not-for-profit or arts sector, and a demonstrated track record in developing, driving and implementing successful fundraising and donor acquisition strategies.
You will be creative, energetic, flexible and an excellent communicator who thrives in a collaborative team.
An interest in writers and engagement with writing culture will be an advantage.
Writing NSW welcomes applications from Indigenous people and people from diverse backgrounds.
For a full position description, click here.
For further information, contact Jane McCredie at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Selection criteria: Fundraising and Development Manager
- At least five years’ experience in a similar fundraising or partnerships management role, preferably within the not-for-profit or arts sector
- Demonstrated track record in developing, driving and implementing successful fundraising and donor acquisition and retention strategies
- Demonstrated ability to research and identify potential sponsors and donors
- Demonstrated ability to pitch for, negotiate and manage partnerships that contribute to revenue expansion
- Demonstrated ability to produce successful grant applications, presentations and proposals, including engaging potential supporters with the organisation’s story
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and networking skills
- Excellent written, verbal and digital communication skills
- Ability to think outside the square and find creative solutions to problems
- Ability to work proactively, collaboratively and efficiently in a busy, small and hard-working team
- A passion for literature and stories and an understanding of their importance to society
- Flexibility and willingness to take on tasks as required
About the organisation
Located in beautiful Callan Park, Lilyfield, Writing NSW is the premier writing organisation in the state, providing support to writers from all backgrounds and at all stages of their careers. A not-for-profit organisation, we run a lively program of face-to-face and online courses, workshops and events as well as providing a range of services to our members and the broader writing community. Writing NSW receives funding from Create NSW, the Australia Council and the Inner West Council.
Writing NSW acknowledges all the First Nations people of what is now the state of NSW and pays respects to their elders and storytellers, past, present and emerging.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising & Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.