About the role
- Based in Ashfield with flexible working arrangement
- Full Time-Permanent Role
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
About the Function
The People & Culture Team (PaC) partner with the business through a number of functions, including Work Health & Safety, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organisational Development, Employee Services and Business Partnering. You will be joining a diverse team of highly engaged and driven individuals who strive to make a difference and work together collaboratively to deliver outcomes for our people, clients and stakeholders.
This is a full-time, permanent role for a People & Culture Business Partner who will partner with the organisation to provide professional advice on all people-related matters including leadership development, employee relations, performance management, policy, change management, and also work on specific HR projects. This role will support business units and leaders in multi-locations including Bankstown, Parramatta, Ashfield and Liverpool as well as remote advice to our leaders in Logan, QLD.
- Partner with the business and provide expert and commercial HR advice on all people related matters
- Become a trusted advisor who has the confidence and ability to respectfully influence and coach leaders
- Participate in organisation-wide HR projects and initiatives
- Conduct workplace investigations
- Work collaboratively with the People and Culture team as well as your stakeholders
- Tertiary qualification in an HR related discipline.
- Experience working as an HR generalist professional in a business partner role
- Experience conducting workplace investigations
- Credibility to influence and manage interactions at all levels
- Coaching skills at both an individual and organisational level
- Some previous exposure to awards and interpretation
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation and regulations
- Sound knowledge of principles and procedures for HR policy implementation, recruitment, selection, training and development, performance management
- Commercial experience in the application of HR principles
- Ability to work autonomously
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships and timely communication within the People & Culture team and business units.
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disabilities; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
How to apply
If this sounds like you hit 'Apply Now'
At SSI we have a zero-tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child-safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Vimla Khooblall on 0423 619 392.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons – viewer discretion is advised.
Please quote in application: HR Business Partner via Pro Bono Australia.