About the role
The Risk & Due Diligence Partner Asia is responsible for the implementation of global risk management practices including risk screening, facilitating due diligence on partners, and embedding The Foundation’s enterprise risk management framework. If you are looking for a dynamic role with great skills development potentials, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
- Supporting Asia based teams and entities in supporting the effective execution of risk management across The Foundation.
- Undertaking all activities necessary to meet The Foundation’s risk and due diligence requirements with a focus on risk screening, partner due diligence, and enterprise risk management activities.
- Providing operational support as part of the global Legal, Governance, Risk & Compliance team to meet all governance, compliance and risk management priorities and timelines.
- Building capability within and across teams to drive a culture of engagement and collaboration within The Foundation.
You are a highly driven and energetic self-starter with a passion for helping our teams identify, assess and manage risk to safeguard the Foundation’s people, resources, data and reputation. You are a talented networker with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels. You think outside the box, and take pride in using your initiative and resourcefulness to make meaningful connections. You enjoy working in a professional team and on different projects with a strong focus on process improvement.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Demonstrated experience in international development & NFP sector.
- Operational experience in working with development partners.
SOMETHING EXTRA TO GET OUR ATTENTION (Not Essential!)
- Demonstrated experience in implementing effective risk management practices aligned to ISO31000.
- Familiarity with due diligence concepts.
- Experience in implementing new systems.
HOW WE RECOGNISE YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, then we have a number of programs in place to support you.
- Doing meaningful work that will help shape the lives of those living in communities
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output not hours
- Generous Leave allowances, including time of for cultural significant/ceremonial leave
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development
About the organisation
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, The Fred Hollows Foundation, is a leading international development organization working towards a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired.
There are 36 million people in the world who are blind, 4 out of 5 of them do not need to be. For as little as $25 The Fred Hollows Foundation can restore sight and transform a life. We focus on preventable and treatable eye conditions such as refractive error, cataract, trachoma and diabetic retinopathy. Our global programs span 25 countries and involves local training and providing affordable technology so doctors, nurses and health care workers can recognize, diagnose, refer and treat eye problems in their communities. We use research to improve our understanding of avoidable blindness, then use our findings to implement strategies and advocate for change.
The Fred Hollows Foundation has a very clear goal: to prevent blindness and restore sight. As our Founder, the late Professor Fred Hollows said, “I believe that the basic attribute of mankind is to look after each other.” To find out more about our work, please visit our website https://www.hollows.org.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Risk and Due Diligence Partner – Asia via Pro Bono Australia.