About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Ongoing role based in Reservoir
About the opportunity
The Kinship Care Program is focused solely on children and young people aged 0-18 in statutory kinship placements who have either a permanency objective or long term out of home care case plan. The program provides case contracted case management services on behalf of DHHS Child protection.
Working with the Kinship Care Teams at Reservoir and Broadmeadows offices, this role will see you:
- Ensure the team meets program and service agreement requirements through oversight and management of service delivery,
- Ensure services delivered within professional frameworks including Best Interest Case Practice model, Looking after Children, Child Protection and DHHS Standards
- Develop and monitor service models within program requirements and legislation, that deliver on client outcomes
- Oversee expenditure of DHHS Client support funds and program client brokerage
- Actively contribute to the implementation of outcome focused work and evaluation measures
- Actively contribute to gaining client feedback and incorporating client voice into program planning and delivery
- An appropriate tertiary qualification and relevant experience in the community, social work, or human services sectors
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of out of home care services relevant to Kinship Care as a team leader or staff supervisor
- Demonstrated staff management experience including supervision, recruitment and managing individual key performance indicators
- Experience and/or skills in anticipating issues, developing practical solutions and delivering outcomes
- Ability to meet deadlines, balance competing demands and prioritise work effectively
- Capacity to create purposeful interactions and partnerships with members of the community, government agencies, philanthropic organisations and businesses
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Monday 27 September 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Judy Walsh, Senior Manager – Placement Prevention on 0448 446 216
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Kinship Care via Pro Bono Australia.