About the role
Melton City Council acknowledges the fundamental role that Libraries and Arts play in the making of vibrant, culturally rich communities. Reporting to the Team Leader Arts Engagement and Development in the Libraries and Arts service unit, the role of Arts Activation Officer is key to delivering priority areas for cultural development as envisioned in Creative Melton 2030. These include
- Equitable and local access to cultural experiences and activities
- A community connected with culture and creativity
- Services and programs that reflect community aspirations
- A rich cultural fabric that evolves as our City develops.
The Arts Activation Officer will
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate a comprehensive range of arts programming and public artworks to activate Council facilities and outdoor spaces, fostering learning and community engagement.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate community cultural development and public art projects that increase participation in, and access to, arts and culture experiences.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing and evaluating community-based projects, preferably within a local government context.
- Knowledge of community development and cultural development principles.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver public art projects
About the organisation
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people’s professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
How to apply
For further information about the position, please contact Madeleine McClelland, Team Leader Arts Engagement and Development on 9747 5913.
Applications must include a Resume and address the Key Selection Criteria outlining your suitability to the role.
We encourage you use the STAR approach when writing your responses to the selection criteria.
Situation (Task) – provide a brief outline of the situation or task?
Action – what did you do in response to the situation or task?
Result – what was the result of your action?
Key Selection Criteria outline the most important knowledge, skills, behaviours and experience needed to perform the role. The criteria may include technical knowledge and experience, as well as interpersonal skills, and tend to be specific to the role's specialisation and industry.
To address the Key Selection Criteria you will need to write short statements explaining how you meet the criteria, or how you demonstrate the capability. We encourage you to keep your responses concise.
Applications submitted via email, after the closing date and/or that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
All successful applicants will need to undertake pre-employment requirements, dependent on the position.
To view Position Description and to apply, visit: https://meltoncity-vacancies.applynow.net.au/
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 22 October 2021
Please quote in application: Arts Activation Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Arts_and_Culture, #Community_Engagement