About the role
- Permanent position, working full-time hours, 35 hours per week
- Flexible working arrangements to support real-life balance
- Flexible location NSW, VIC, or QLD
The Bilingual Workforce sits within the Shared Services unit of the Newcomers, Settlement, and Integration division. Programs from across the SSI Group can utilise this dynamic and skilled workforce to support the achievement of community and client outcomes. The workforce will also be part of SSI’s service offering to the wider sector, whereby organisations can broker our employees to support their service delivery.
- Staff leadership – Manage recruitment and onboarding of bilingual workforce. Provide support & supervision, individual/group performance planning, performance monitoring, development opportunities. Support staff through change and ensure staff are provided with appropriate supports when working in challenging environments, recognizing many of this workforce have refugee lived experience
- Workforce Engagement – Develop and implement a casual workforce engagement plan to reduce turnover, ensure all SSI programs are utilizing the workforce as much as possible and increase opportunities available to the workforce
- Daily operational management – oversee workforce booking systems, train program staff in how to use booking/rostering systems, manage timesheet approvals from the budgetary perspective and ensure workforce supply and skill can meet SSI program and external organisation’s needs. Ensure award conditions are applied by program and workforce support staff and coordinate regular communications with the workforce
- Financial management – Monitor budget which funds the support of the bilingual workforce. Ensure expenditure on support activities and items are aligned with the budget and participate in budget forecasting activities. Track external revenue and provide insights into trends to assist planning and further revenue growth
- Quality and Risk Assurance – implement and oversee quality & risk assurance activities to identify improvement areas and mitigate/reduce risks. Encourage and respond to client and program feedback regarding the workforce to ensure service offering meets best practice standards
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills with a collaborative approach
- Strong leadership skills to support large teams through change and the ability to empower individuals to achieve goals
- Budget and data management skills – the ability to analysis, identify trends etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to present to large groups and facilitate learning opportunities
- Operational management skills such as the development of procedures and systems to streamline and create efficiency
- Knowledge and experience in working with CALD communities and bilingual staff
- Proficiency in using current MS Office, databases, social media and communication technologies
- Risk management and quality assurance skills
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth
- Access to our in-house wellbeing programs, three days of culture and well-being leave
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking backgrounds, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Bilingual Workforce Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development