About the role
- Develop and diversify funding opportunities to drive organisational growth
- Work in a team focused on accelerating the achievement of our strategic goals
- Flexible working conditions with full salary packaging benefits available
We are seeking someone skilled in developing strong stakeholder relationships with a proven track record of developing successful proposals for the Australian government and other institutional donors.
Let’s talk about you
You will thrive as the Business Development Lead if you have:
- Masters level degree in Health, Education, international development or related technical discipline relevant for Caritas Australia’s global programs is strongly preferred; Bachelors degree in relevant discipline combined with substantive work and international field experience will be considered.
- 5 years of experience in successful proposal development for Australian Government and other institutional donors, including pre-solicitation preparation.
- Experience with Australian government solicitations is required; substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered within the years of experience sought.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and coordinate activities of multiple partners, including field-based staff.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Let’s talk about your next role
As the Business Development Lead, you will have an ability to develop significant and ongoing relationships with government and multilateral stakeholders to grow funding at Caritas Australia.
At a glance, you will focus on Identifying Australian Government opportunities for Caritas Australia across several technical and/or geographic portfolios; developing plans to compete for these funding opportunities; executing those plans, including oversight of pre-solicitation/pre-proposal activities, as well as proposal preparation and submission; and otherwise contributing to the Caritas Australia’s external representation and internal fundraising efforts as they relate to the Australian Government funding streams.
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Identify and track relevant upcoming DFAT funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources
- Conduct prospecting meetings and visits to identify and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities.
- Manage actions for pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning including: teaming, bid strategy, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to technical design, drafting management and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation.
- Manage major open Australian Government funding solicitations and other proposal submissions, including teaming agreements, oversight of technical design and cost proposal, PPRs, capacity statements, internal review/quality control processes, drafting sections of the proposal where appropriate.
- Represent Caritas Australia’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilisation or donor-specific peer networks, as it relates to Australian Government funding streams.
About Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Sound like you?
That’s a good sign! In return for your energy and ideas, we offer genuine flexible work/life balance.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home, an office or a combination of both.
We are a not-for-profit, so we offer a range of benefits. You can find more out here: https://www.caritas.org.au/about/careers/work-with-us
Learn more about Caritas Australia, our work and how we’re making a difference at: https://www.caritas.org.au/
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your application including your cover letter and CV as soon as possible. We will be interviewing as applications come through, so please don’t delay in submitting yours. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact the People and Culture team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Caritas Australia, we recognise the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults towards whom we have a special responsibility. If you are offered this position, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks, including police checks and reference checks. If the position requires a Working with Children Check or foreign police check, it is your responsibility to obtain one before starting work. You will also be required to sign our Code of Conduct which includes a section on Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults as well as to abide by our safeguarding policies.
Our commitment to diversity
At Caritas Australia, we support an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Business Development Lead via Pro Bono Australia.