About the role
As a Case Manager, you will be responsible for providing high quality case management services to clients who are homeless or in crisis situations, and providing intensive holistic support to help achieve housing stability and broader client directed goals.
This role is located in either, the Northern & Western Suburbs of Melbourne.
You may be required to participate in a rotating on-call & after-hours support roster.
- Delivering high quality initial intake assessments, case management, and referrals.
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating goal directed strategies and crisis interventions to meet the needs of clients presenting with multiple/complex needs, including risk assessments and safety plans.
- Assisting clients to access ongoing accommodation options, and other relevant specialist support services.
- Implementing case plan meetings, participating in service coordination, and identifying pathways out of the homelessness service system.
- Maintaining accurate files, case notes, and databases using relevant platforms and systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualifications in Social/Youth Work, or in a related discipline, and experience working in the Community Services sector.
- Good knowledge of community outreach support programs and interventions, and ability to actively, and assertively engage people with complex needs.
- Experienced working within a case management framework, and understanding of the homelessness service system, with knowledge of patterns, trends, and systemic issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative and child safety requirements.
- Excellent communication, organisation and prioritisation, and problem solving skills.
Download a position description for the full duties and key selection criteria.
About the organisation
Melbourne City Mission (MCM) is a leader and innovator in the provision of services to the community.
Established in 1854, Melbourne City Mission is a non-denominational organisation that supports thousands of Victorian people and communities to overcome barriers and disrupt disadvantage to live their life, their way.
As a service provider MCM’s work is focussed on supporting people to take charge of their own lives and
participate fully in community life. MCM’s service profile includes: Children, Youth, Adult and Family;
Disability; Employment, Education and Training; Homelessness; Justice; and Palliative Care. Our Healing Oriented Framework guides us in our trauma informed knowledge to enhance trauma responsiveness across all programs and deepens the capacity of teams and services in complex environments to provide healing oriented care.
As a social change agent Melbourne City Mission advocates for social policy change and works across all
sectors in seeking to achieve sustainable outcomes for communities experiencing disadvantage.
How to apply
For more information, including a position description, closing date and how to apply, please click “apply for this job” to be redirected to our website.
For more details or assistance with application submission please email: email@example.com
Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and International if applicable) Police Check (which includes Proof of Identity Check), Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia and current and valid driver licence. All costs associated with safety checks (except National Police Check) will be at applicants’ expense. Applicants will also be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of their application process.
Our commitment to diversity
At HHA/MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion help us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
Our commitment to safety
HHA/MCM is committed to the safety of its clients and employees, taking a zero-tolerance approach to violence within the workplace and abuse, including child abuse and abuse of people with disability. All employees are required to comply with the Child Safe Standards.
Please quote in application: Case Manager – Homelessness to Homes via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Youth_and_Young_People