About the role
- Based in Logan, QLD
- Fixed term until June 2022, Part time-16 hours per week across at least three days
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
The Child Health Pathways Support Coordinator is employed on a fixed term contract to connect with Logan families with children aged 2 ½ to 5 years. The position outcomes include addressing barriers to accessing health services by providing practical support, advocacy, information, referrals, and coordination of the support services involved in caring for their child/family. They are employed to respond to Community Hub referrals as well as specified Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) referrals as required.
- Support families to access local community service activities
- Intake and case coordination with other agencies to provide referral and coordinated support for families
- Maintain quality and articulate case notes, intake forms and other relevant documents
- Respond to self-identified family needs in line with project scope and resources in a timely manner
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local services and programs as possible referral points and sources of support
- Reporting and administration, including the accurate keeping of records and appropriate documentation, data collection
- Build and maintain partnerships with government, business, not for profit organisation and the community to provide wrap-around services that ensure best outcomes for families
- Build partnerships with other agencies to develop referral points and facilitate warm referrals for families
- Support the work of the local coalition – attend meetings, provide feedback from families regarding referral pathways, barriers for families to access health services, gaps in service provision
- Support families to increase protective factors and reduce risk factors including increasing knowledge and engagement with support networks
- Support families to access information regarding child health services and child development
What we are looking for:
- Experience working with and advocating for CALD families living in Logan
- Demonstrated experience working across the child and family sector, with knowledge of health services
- Knowledge and experience of child development
- Ability to form strong and trusting professional relationships with families experiencing challenges
- Demonstrated experience with report writing and MS Office suite
- Recognised degree including occupational therapy, community development/social work/social science highly desirable
About the organisation
Access Community Services Limited is one of Australia’s leaders in multicultural issues, with over 30 years of experience in the provision of settlement, employment, training, youth support services, housing and social enterprise opportunities for migrants, refugees, and Australian born clients. Services are delivered right across Queensland with a particular focus on the South East, including Logan City, Ipswich City, and the Gold Coast.
Access is a community based, not-for-profit organisation committed to community development and capacity building.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Child Health Pathways Support Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Mental_Health