About the role
The role is part of the multiskilled Corporate Services team which includes five functions: finance, operations, risk and compliance, people and culture and legal. Corporate Services plays a key role in collaborating with all parts of the organisation in designing and implementing strategic and operational improvement initiatives. The team is focused on driving a collaborative culture. Members of the corporate services team are nimble and work to support the emerging priorities of the Foundation beyond their immediate portfolios.
The purpose of the role is to support the Governance (Board and Subcommittees), Managing Director and Executives of the organisation.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Qualifications in Governance or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a high-level administration position
- Sound understanding of governance processes and compliance obligations in not-for-profit organisations
- Demonstrated experience supporting senior managers and executives in a professional, confident manner
- Experience in the preparation and retention of accurate meeting papers, reports, agendas and minutes – well developed ability to use Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrates an ability to engage and maintain proactive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands and to meet key deliverables – excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team while also setting and achieving individual goals
- Proven ability to operate with flexibility and good humour in the face of obstacles
- Experience working with remote stakeholders
About the organisation
The Great Barrier Reef is a unique icon and an irreplaceable ecosystem. It’s the largest living thing on earth and home to thousands of species of marine life, including six of the world’s seven species of marine turtle.
For over 20 years the Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF) has been the lead charity for the Reef, driving the immediate change needed for the Reef to survive for future generations. Right now, we have over 200 Reef-saving projects with over 300 project delivery partners. We are the action station for the Reef, bringing together people and science to deliver the world’s largest coral reefs program.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant – Governance via Pro Bono Australia.