About the role
- Exciting new position combining Settlement and Domestic and Family Violence
- Full time contract until June 2022 with a possibility of extension
- Blend of Work from Home and offices across Logan and Ipswich
The Settlement DFV Project Officer is a new role, designed with the aim to improve outcomes of Settlement clients who experience DFV. The role is responsible for developing a Settlement DFV Framework and procedures manual and upskilling settlement staff.
- Develop a Settlement Framework and procedures manual for Access’s Settlement Programs, in collaboration with SSI’s DFV and Settlement teams. This includes developing screening assessments and referral procedures
- Build the capacity of settlement staff in across Access and its subcontractors
- Work with The Community Engagement and Education teams to deliver educational programs to enhance community response to individuals presenting to them with issues related to DFV
- Tertiary qualification in the human services, social work or similar field
- Proven knowledge of trauma-informed practice and knowledge of the complex issues affecting CALD women and children experiencing domestic and family violence.
- Proven experience in developing practical frameworks and/or program procedure manuals
- Experience in DFV and experience working with CALD communities is essential. Experience working in Settlement preferred.
About the organisation
Access Community Services Limited (ACSL) is Australia's leader and specialist in settlement, employment, training and youth and social enterprises for migrants, refugees and mainstream clients, in Queensland, particularly in the South East. As a community-based, not-for-profit organisation limited by guarantee, we boast over a 30 year history of serving our local community which was originally established in Logan in 1984. We are committed to fostering community development, youth, settlement and employment initiatives and to providing personal support programs to address the needs of disadvantaged youth and community groups including migrants, refugees, humanitarian entrants and visa holders.
How to apply
Forward your application addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) included along with the cover letter attachment and current resume. For a copy of the Position Description - please email the team at email@example.com.
***Applications will not be considered without the resume and response to selection criteria. Please merge your cover letter and selection criteria in a single document.***
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please quote in application: Settlement DFV Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development