About the role
The role is responsible for providing up to 24hrs care and supervision of Unaccompanied Minors living in supported accommodation.
Carers provide supportive care including physical, emotional, social, cultural, and spiritual elements for young people placed in this accommodation. This role is based on a roster system
Duties /Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the practical day to day functioning of the house, including assisting young people with weekly grocery shopping, budgeting, and managing living allowances
- Act as an appropriate adult role model, communicating effectively with the young people using appropriate behaviour management techniques and as si sting minors to understand community expectations in Australia, including relevant laws
- Reporting incidents or events relating to young people to appropriate line management using relevant written or verbal communication, within the required timeframes
- Maintain integrity in such matters as confidentiality and promoting client interests
- Complete all obligatory feedback and reporting requirements within the given timeframes
- Effectively communicate with other carers, team members and management in order to achieve better client outcomes.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- An understanding of the issues young people who may have experienced trauma and displacement from their country of origin
- Mediation and negotiation skills and the ability to take initiative, operate independently or in a team
- An understanding of the needs of young people seeking asylum
- An understanding of child development and behaviour
- Current QLD Paid Blue Card or ability to obtain one
- Rights to work in Australia
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
About Our Benefits:
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,886 of your salary tax-free plus up to $2650 of packaged Meals and Entertainment meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement, including 9-day fortnight
- Paid wellness days
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth
- Access to our in-house well-being programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities
About the organisation
Access Community Services Limited is one of Australia’s leaders in multicultural issues, with over 30 years of experience in the provision of settlement, employment, training, youth support services, housing and social enterprise opportunities for migrants, refugees, and Australian born clients. Services are delivered right across Queensland with a particular focus on the South East, including Logan City, Ipswich City, and the Gold Coast.
Access is a community based, not -for-profit organisation committed to community development and capacity building.
How to apply
Please submit your application addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) included along with the cover letter attachment and current resume directly via our careers page here:
https://www.accesscommunity.org.au. Alternatively hit 'Apply Now'
You will also be able to find a copy of the Position Description on our careers page.
***Applications will not be considered without the resume and response to selection criteria. Please merge your cover letter and selection criteria in a single document. ***
· We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply
Please quote in application: SRSS Carer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Families, #Mental_Health, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development