About the role
Writing NSW is looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised Administration & Digital Services Officer to provide financial and general administrative support for our diverse programs and contribute to the development of new digital platforms and services for writers.
Reporting to the Membership & Operations Manager, you will provide support for member programs and services, assist with designing and delivering digital services for writers, carry out day-to-day financial and general administration, respond to public inquiries, administer databases, coordinate venue bookings, assist with events and other activities, and undertake other tasks as required. Writing NSW is expanding its digital platforms and presence, and you will be a key part of the team identifying writers’ digital needs and working on our digital expansion strategy.
You will have demonstrated experience in customer service, digital platforms, financial administration, and in general administrative tasks including database management. You will be an excellent communicator and team player, with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Consultative, but also able to work independently, you will demonstrate a rigorous attention to detail and a determination to get things right. Experience working in a member-based organisation and engagement with the writing community will be an advantage.
This is a full-time position, with some weekend and evening work required. The salary package, including superannuation, will be in the range of $50,000-$55,000 per annum depending on experience.
About the organisation
Located in beautiful Callan Park, Lilyfield, Writing NSW is a not-for-profit organisation that provides support to writers at all stages of their careers. We run a lively program of courses, workshops and events as well as providing a range of services to our members and the broader writing community. We receive funding from Create NSW, the Australia Council and Inner West Council.
Writing NSW acknowledges all the First Nations people of what is now the state of NSW and pays respects to their elders and storytellers, past, present and emerging.
How to apply
Applications should include your CV, cover letter, a statement addressing the selection criteria (below) and contact details for at least two professional referees. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by midnight on Tuesday 30 November.
Writing NSW welcomes applications from Indigenous people and those from diverse backgrounds.
For a full position description, click here.
For further information, contact Rowena Tuziak at firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection criteria: Administration & Digital Services Officer
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Strong digital skills and aptitude and experience working with multiple platforms
- Experience in digital communications, including website administration, e-newsletters and familiarity with social media
- Experience in front-line customer service, including responding to face-to-face, telephone and electronic inquiries
- Experience in day-to-day financial administration, including processing payments, reconciliations, invoicing, and accounts receivable and payable
- Experience administering a database
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, while also being a constructive team member and ensuring managers and colleagues are kept informed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to promote Writing NSW services and to liaise with members, volunteers and others
- Engagement with the writing community and understanding of writers’ needs
- Ability to think strategically and to make a creative contribution to organisational programs and strategies
- Flexibility and willingness to take on tasks as required
Please quote in application: Administration & Digital Services Officer via Pro Bono Australia.