About the role
Use your digital marketing skills to make a real difference for Australia’s oceans. This is an exciting role if you are passionate about crafting high impact fundraising campaigns that will inspire people to save Australia’s oceans. We are seeking a digital superstar to fill this exciting new role focused on the digital acquisition of new supporters and conversion to donors.
The Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS) has been defending Australia’s oceans and marine life for over 50 years. AMCS is one of Australia’s most influential environmental charities. We advocate for change to safeguard our oceans and the wellbeing of all life on our blue planet.
With the protection of our oceans and climate critical issues for Australians, now is a great time to join our committed and effective team and make a real and lasting difference for our big blue backyard.
Purpose of the Position:
The Digital Fundraising Officer plays a critical role in engaging and motivating AMCS supporters to fund our critical work taking action on the big issues facing our oceans.
In this role you will execute our digital lead acquisition and donor conversion fundraising programs. You will support all digital elements of our core fundraising work, and work closely with our digital appeals program to grow and maintain our digital fundraising program. You will be responsible for growing and nurturing a list of newly acquired and reactivating existing supporters and taking them on a journey to acquire the all-important first gift. You will communicate with our supporters through our email list, website, digital platforms, and social media. You will also provide digital support to our fundraising and retail programs.
You will deliver highly motivating social media and digital marketing lead acquisition campaigns internally and with external agencies. You will deliver engaging lead journey campaigns including: digital engagement and conversion campaigns; develop creative and effective automated integrated multi-channel with a focus on online action, engagement and fundraising actions; and manage first time donor digital nurture programs.
Your background and mixed skills in marketing or fundraising and digital channels will help you to analyse the effectiveness of our digital programs, to continually optimise and deliver highly impactful appeal and acquisition programs that grow with the market.
The position reports to the Fundraising Manager and works alongside the Digital Fundraising Officer (Appeals) and the Fundraising Team.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
Copywriting & Content Production
- Provide copywriting for digital acquisition programs and donor conversion, delivering high impact social media, digital marketing and emails that acquire new leads or reactive past supporters, and motivate new supporters to donate.
- Create digital content production including web assets, graphics or video production to drive engagement for AMCS acquisition programs.
- Develop and deliver an annual rolling integrated multi-channel digital acquisition lead program.
- Develop and deliver an integrated multi-channel donor conversion journey focusing on first time donor conversion and retention, new and reactivated lead engagement and nurture programs to ensure a high rate of lead conversion to first gift.
- Grow and maintain the AMCS donor and supporter base by keeping new AMCS supporters engaged and active supporters of our critical work.
- Develop and manage digital campaigns and marketing for fundraising acquisition programs and provide digital support for the digital fundraising appeals program and retail/merchandise program.
- Report and analyse the effectiveness of digital acquisition, donor conversion and retention suites and design tests to deliver optimisation.
- Conduct ongoing assessment and optimisation of digital assets and user experience to increase digital acquisition, and donor conversion.
- Design marketing automation workflows for new lead acquisition engagement, and first-time donor conversion and engagement.
- Regularly undertake reporting and analytics to monitor and drive ongoing improvement across fundraising digital programs and assets. Add value and increase the effectiveness and impact of digital acquisition programs.
Fundraising Digital Support
- Work closely with the Digital Fundraising Officer (Appeals) to cultivate and acquire first gifts.
- Support the fundraising team in delivering digital components of omni channel fundraising campaigns.
- Work with AMCS’ retail and merchandise program to drive lead generation in digital channels.
Essential Selection Criteria
- A minimum of two years’ experience in fundraising, communications or marketing in a similar role at a not-for-profit, campaigning or community-based organisation.
- Experience of digital marketing tools, through channels such as social media, search, email, and paid advertising, including Google AdWords, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and execution of comprehensive lead generation and engagement marketing plans and journey development.
- Experience using mass supporter emailing systems (such as Campaign monitor, Mailchimp etc), including digital analytics and reporting.
- High attention to detail with excellent organisation, time management and project management skills.
- Experience and commitment to reporting and analytics to add value and increase the effectiveness and impact of your work.
- Commitment to achieving positive change for our oceans.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience or understanding of digital fundraising practices.
- Demonstrated experience in content production, such as image editing, design and simple video editing.
- Experience using multi-channel integrated marketing platforms and tools.
- Working knowledge of optimisation techniques to deliver the best digital user experiences.
About the organisation
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is the voice for Australia's oceans. We are an independent not-for-profit charity. We deal with the big issues concerning the sea, working with the community to protect our marine wildlife, tackling major threats to our oceans and creating marine sanctuaries, places in the sea where sea life is safe from harm. Across our campaigns we tackle climate change - the biggest existential threat to our ocean planet, with our Great Barrier Reef at the fire front. We are a committed group of professional and passionate scientists, educators and advocates who have defended Australia's oceans for over 50 years.
- Integrity. We are trusted, credible, independent and ethical in our actions.
- Courage. We are brave, respectful and honest advocates for marine life.
- Passion. We demonstrate commitment to and care for our oceans in all we do.
- Solidarity. We work together, embracing equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Effectiveness. We are driven, professional, agile and resilient, working to deliver the best outcomes for Australia’s people and wildlife.
- Innovation. We are creative, flexible, open, and solutions-focused.
How to apply
Applications for this position close 9am (AEST) on Monday 6th December 2021. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply please forward your current CV and a cover letter briefly addressing the essential selection criteria (maximum two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Digital Fundraising Officer’ in the title of your email when submitting your application.
AMCS is a strictly non-partisan and an equal opportunities employer. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please Note: Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. That is, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work on an ongoing basis.
Please see the attached Position Description for more information on this position. For all enquiries about this position please contact us via email email@example.com or 07 3846 6777.
Please quote in application: Digital Fundraising Officer via Pro Bono Australia.