About the role
We are on the lookout for someone who loves process and administration to support us in our mission to empower remote Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander entrepreneurs.
Why Work With Us?
- You are helping us create impact every day by empowering remote Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander entrepreneurs
- You have the opportunity to come up with and implement your own ideas in a dynamic and supportive team
- We offer flexible working hours that meet your needs
- Salary packaging is available with this role
Our organisation has a long history in the region, however we have recently changed our leadership team, invited in a new board, and launched a refreshed strategy that is committed to empowering remote leaders. We are evolving, and would like to welcome someone to our team who can evolve with us.
Key responsibilities include leadership support for major meetings, travel and events, business administration, grant writing and grant management, office management, and day-to-day coordination and administrative support. This role requires a high level of attention to detail, the ability to self-monitor and track monthly and quarterly operating plans, and a desire to learn and develop new procedures that improve our operational performance.
Our team consists of two co-CEOs, Liandra and Alexie, and a remote Marketing + Brand Business Partner, Fran. You will be reporting to Alexie, and supporting the whole team. In order to work well in our team who are often traveling and working flexible hours, you will need to be able to manage multiple forms of communication, have excellent prioritisation skills, be ready to do any job that needs to be done, and be unafraid to hold leadership to account for the benefit of the organisation and our partners.
- Meeting preparation, agendas, minutes for team and major stakeholder meetings
- Travel bookings and preparation for travel for entrepreneurship support
- Coordinate board meeting timings with co-CEOs and board
- Annual Report development
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with key partners and stakeholders
- Support the leadership team to write and develop proposals for major grant funding ($500K – $1.5m)
- Manage funding acquittals and progress reports for key funders
- Maintain grant scheduler and plan ahead for grant application development
- Oversee online and physical filing systems
- Manage company email accounts
- Manage compliance calendars, staff time tracking and internal monitoring
- Act as key liaison with book-keeping and accounts team to review and report issues
- Set up and monitor team quarterly operational plans
- Induct and support users of co-working space
- Be available on premises 3 days/week to support coworkers
- Order in supplies needed by space
- Setting up new users with contract, key and invoices
- Build effective processes leveraging appropriate software to minimise hands-on support and ensure a positive experience for all space users
- Plan and manage office-based events
- Highly organised
- Exceptional prioritisation skills
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Professional and dedicated
- Collaborative and willing to support other team members
- Willing to learn how to do new tasks
- Confident navigating new software, systems and processes
- See team’s success as your own
- Passion for quality remote community services
- Passion and interest in entrepreneurship and leadership development
- Able to work autonomously in a small team
About the organisation
Enterprise Learning Projects supports remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders to transform their communities through entrepreneurship.
ELP believes that enterprise is the most powerful tool for communities to share their culture, achieve their aspirations and effect generational change. It works to empower community entrepreneurs via
incubation and mentoring programs and business workshops.
ELP is an Indigenous controlled, not-for-profit organisation based on Larrakia Country and working across Northern Australia. Find out more at www.elp.org.au.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Indigenous, #Social_Enterprise