About the role
- Lead & manage all the activities of Zionism Victoria
- Opportunity to take your place at the Jewish leadership table in Victoria
Reporting at Board level you will oversee the work of 12 staff, and liaise with a wide group of stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include
- Advocacy for the objectives of the Zionist movement
- Conducting community events to celebrate the relationship with Israel
- Developing strong relationships with affiliates
- Strategic & operational leadership of Zionism Victoria (including BWJCC & Lamm Jewish Library of Australia)
- Working with the Board
For this top leadership role in a diverse and complex organisation you will need experience at General Manager level, strategic ability to provide guidance to affiliates, stakeholders and the Jewish community, and good administration management ability. You will have sound communication and influencing skills and a capacity to be a figurehead who can successfully drive this important organisation.
As the professional face of Zionism Victoria, you will present with the confidence, personability and authority that is appropriate for a senior leader, and demonstrate a strategic mindset.
About the organisation
Zionism Victoria is the Melbourne Jewish community’s roof body for matters relating to Israel. Its main objective is to bring the community closer to Israel, and bring Israel closer to the community. With over 50 affiliates comprising synagogues, youth groups, schools and charities its remit is broad, as it represents the interests of many affiliates. It also owns and operates the Beth Weizmann Jewish Community Centre, and has a close relationship with the Lamm Jewish Library of Australia.
How to apply
If you can operate at top level, yet also ‘roll up your sleeves’, please apply to email@example.com or call Philip Mayers in confidence on 0412 104 096 (not on Shabbat).
Please quote in application: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development, #Religion_and_Religious_Groups