About the role
Founded in 1866 by Australia’s first saint, Mary MacKillop along with Fr Julian Tenison Woods, the Sisters of Saint Joseph of the Sacred Heart operates as a registered charity with central offices in Sydney, regional offices across Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and a presence in some other countries.
- Progressive leadership and volunteer Financial and Investment Committees
- Safeguard financial management for the Sisters and their work in ministries
- Generous salary plus packaging available
Reporting to the General Manager and based in the Congregational Administration Services Centre (CAS) in North Sydney, you will support the embedding of professional financial management services in the CAS.
As a member of the management team, you will provide input into strategic and operational management of the CAS, manage a team of five, and you will have responsibility of the Congregation’s financial planning and management.
Significant aspects of the CAS finance function are the services to the Sisters and responsibility for the balance sheet where approximately 80% of the value lies in property.
With a successful track record in developing, managing and executing financial planning, management and reporting functions, teams and systems, you are commercially astute with emotional intelligence, resilience and adaptability.
You have a natural ability to influence and can quickly establish rapport, with experience working in complex and unique environments. Additionally, you are able to demonstrate:
- Ability to think strategically combined with a willingness to be hands-on when required
- Current knowledge of accounting standards, statutory and regulatory obligations
- Proficiency in long term financial planning, modelling and analysis and preparing and interpreting high level financial reports with expert commentary and presentation.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, ideally CPA or CA
If you support the ethos and mission of the Sisters and would like to contribute to the work of the Congregation, please submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above. Alternatively, please call Debbie Jardine or Richard Green on (02) 8243 0570 to discuss your interest.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Head of Finance via Pro Bono Australia.