About the role
We are seeking multiple casual Healthy Harold Mascots to co-deliver our Healthy Harold Live Experience in primary schools.
We are looking for casual staff who are located in or happy to travel to the following areas:
- Melbourne – Western Metro
- Melbourne – Eastern Metro
- Melbourne – Northern Metro
- Melbourne – Mornington/Cranbourne
- Shepparton / Wangaratta
As the Healthy Harold Mascot you will be required to travel to different primary schools to help deliver the learning experience within the school environment. You will be required to collect the costume from a central location, travel to the school and then be in costume for up to 45 minutes during a school assembly.
The Healthy Harold Live Experience is a NEW and exciting program to promote a whole school community action in behaviour change as students are provided an opportunity to speak to their peers in a large setting, reflect on their learning and share their positive commitment.
To be successful in the role, you must be an enthusiastic and engaging person who is able to bring the magic of Harold to life and make the Healthy Harold Live Experience a memorable and WOW experience for the students and school community.
Please see the below video which shows Healthy Harold in his element. This will be the expectation for anyone taking on this role.
- This is a casual role. The ‘Healthy Harold’ appearances will be for up to 45 minutes (plus dress up/down time) but you will be paid at a minimum of 4 hours.
- The salary for this role is $32 per hour.
- Requirements of the role
- Previous mascot experience is preferred but not essential
- Current Employment Working with Children’s Check is mandatory
- Fully vaccinated against COVID19 and proof of vaccination is mandatory
- A current driver’s license and a reliable vehicle is mandatory
- Travel throughout Melbourne metro and some regional locations is required as well as travel to the Life Education Head Office in Eltham for induction and training.
About the organisation
Life Education Victoria is mostly known by our iconic mascot Healthy Harold. Healthy Harold is the largest not-for-profit leader in health and wellbeing for students across Australia.
Our vision is that every child deserves to thrive. We give kids the smarts to deal with the hard stuff.
By placing preventive education at the core of our work we want to instil in children the confidence to make safer and healthier choices now and in the future.
The Life Education programs support children's learning and development towards a healthy lifestyle, through an engaging delivery that is play-based, experiential and interactive.
How to apply
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 28 November 2021 but will be assessed on a week by week basis, so don't delay your application.
- All applicants are encouraged to address their cover letter to the below contact.
- Please apply via Seek only. You must include a personalised cover letter and your current CV. Any applications without a cover letter addressing why they would be suited for this role will not be considered.
- For further information or for a copy of the position description please contact the below and use the reference number HHM112021
- Our fundraising site is www.lifesmartkids.com.au.
HR Coordinator & Office Manager
Please quote in application: Healthy Harold Mascot via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Arts_and_Culture, #Children