About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to come and join our MAF International team as HR Director. This position has a global remit and is critical for developing and delivering the HR international strategy.
Reporting to the CEO, and working closely with the Executive Leadership Team, you will address areas such as organisational development, learning & development, recruitment, reward and recognition and well-being; whilst taking into account the changing dynamics within MAF, missions and the external environment.
In a global context you will need to ensure HR policies and practices are fit for purpose and in compliance with international employment law; along with developing a consistent best practice approach. Stakeholder management is key to this role and you will need to build and maintain good relationships with senior managers, MAF national entities and HR colleagues. Working outside of normal offices hours is a requirement of the role.
While leadership is an imperative you will also need to be actively involved in supporting and delivering the day-to-day activities. This is a demanding, fast paced role working across international and cultural boundaries, so you will need to be comfortable working both strategically and operationally. In addition, you will need to demonstrate a motivational and servant hearted leadership to a professional HR team. You will have a proven track record within HR management, ideally leading remote teams and come with excellent relationship building skills. You must also be comfortable managing a high workload and conflicting priorities.
Location: Ashford (UK) preferred / Europe or Cairns (Aus) considered. Applicants will only be considered if they currently have the right to work in UK, Europe or Australia.
**There will be a requirement to travel internationally (up to 10 weeks per year)
** This role will be working across time zones and will be required to work outside of normal office hours
Other Essential Requirements
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience ideally within a Human Resources related field;
- Is a member of/or willing to be a member of a professional body such as Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development or Chartered Institute of Management;
- Extensive Human Resources management experience in a global context;
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures relevant to global HR management (such as including change management, remuneration, employee relations, performance management, managing across cultures, spiritual leadership and providing strategic direction)
- Ability to communicate across geographical and cultural boundaries;
- Experience of writing and implementing project proposals and strategic plans;
- Proven track record of stakeholder and relationship management with experience consulting and influencing.
- Previous mission experience and/or have worked in a developing country;
- Proven experience in leading and developing a virtual team;
About the organisation
Mission Aviation Fellowship International (MAF I) is a dynamic Christian aviation charity, operating 60 light aircraft serving 539 destinations in 12 developing countries, bringing help, hope and healing to people living in some of the worlds most isolated communities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: HR Director via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Humanitarian, #Religion_and_Religious_Groups