About the role
- 12 months Full time- Fixed Term Contract
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
- Liverpool location, immediate start
To provide support to Humanitarian Support Program clients and deliver quality housing services including: Short Term Accommodation, On Arrival Accommodation and Basic Household Goods (BHG) package. Assist clients apply housing orientation knowledge in building their capacity to independently apply and maintaining their long-term accommodation.
The role involves travel including driving to different locations and walking/accompanying clients to various appointments.
- Ensure all eligible clients receive housing assistance as part of HSP services on a need-based and capacity building approach.
- Ensure services are administered in accordance the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and internally agreed timeframes. Manage OAA portfolio including the following:
- Long-term Accommodation Support (LTA) – Enable clients to explore the private rental market and search/secure suitable/affordable LTA
- Support clients in submitting the necessary paperwork to apply for residential properties as well as Housing NSW Rentstart and utilities connection
- Arrange OAA vacate process including exit condition reports and relocate clients from OAA to LTA when required
- Basic household goods package (BHG) – Explain to clients BHG eligibility, required documents to apply for BHG including minimum lease agreement period and affordability
- Make sure clients understand how to pay rent on time and through appropriate payment methods
- Relationship management – Cooperate and collaborate with internal/ external stakeholders to delivery effective housing services to our client
- Data Management – Maintain hard and electronic files on clients and property condition reports while ensuring files are stored securely and in confidence
- Diploma of Community Services, Diploma of Case Management and/or equivalent relevant qualification or experience
- At least 6 months of relevant community services or housing experience
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a dynamic team
- Arabic, Farsi, Dari, Kurdish, Nepali, and Burmese language skills (highly desirable)
- Community housing/ real-estate experience and Knowledge of the Residential and Act 2010 (desirable)
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth
- Access to our in-house wellbeing programs, three days of culture and well-being leave
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Hit Apply Now and submit your application to be considered for this role
SSI is a Disability Confident Recruiter and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. We encourage people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position and support applications from our First Nations People.
At SSI we have a zero-tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation, where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will guide you through our process and next steps.
If you require a reasonable adjustment during our recruitment process, please contact Sarah Abdelhady on 0402 771 390 or email email@example.com
SSI requires all employees to have received the required doses of Covid-19 Vaccination as a condition of ongoing employment.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including reference checks, confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination via digital certificate, WWCC, a Criminal History Check and NDIS Screening check (if applicable) as a reasonable condition of employment.
Please quote in application: HSP Housing Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Humanitarian, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development