About the role
- Full Time – 12 Months Contract, working 35/hrs per week with a possibility of extension
- Based in Bankstown with the opportunity to work from home, starting end of January 2022
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
About the Multicultural Child and Family Program
Every child has a right to a safe, happy, and permanent home connected to family, community and culture. When children under the age of 18 years, for safety reasons, cannot live with their family or carers we work with the Department of Community and Justice (DCJ) to support them be safe and work out the best options for their long-term care and wellbeing. This may include returning the children to their family’s care or being cared for by foster carers on a long-term basis.
SSI delivers a specialist out-of-home care service that provides a culturally appropriate model for children and young people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds. We recognise the importance of keeping children connected with their family’s ethnic backgrounds, religion/s and language/s. We have a strong commitment to culturally responsive services which includes, where possible, supporting children & young people to be cared for by foster carers who share the same culture or by carers who appreciate the importance of keeping children & young people connected to their culture.
About the role
We are currently looking for an experienced manager to join our team at Bankstown for the next 12months. Someone to lead, supervise and mentor a team of passionate caseworkers all working towards achieving permanency care outcomes and out-of-home care services for children, young people and families.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply!
If you understand restoration models, guardianship and adoption processes, your well versed in liaising with culturally & linguistically diverse communities, and understand the NSW child protection/ OOHC system we want to hear from you!
Other duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Lead and coach new and experienced caseworkers to deliver trauma informed casework practice focused on achieving permanency outcomes for children;
- Liaise with (DCJ), the Children’s court and other government and NGO partner agencies in relation to referrals, case management and reportable activity;
- Ensure that all children’s case plans reflect the child’s permanency care plan goal and casework consistently meets the child’s individual care and wellbeing needs, including hearing the voice of children and providing them with opportunities for cultural connections;
- Implement strategies to support foster carers, birth families & other stakeholders involved in a child’s life;
- Facilitate good record keeping for children, in line with current legislation, child safe standards and best practices relating to children’s care and case management;
- Work collaboratively with the MCFP managers and other SSI program managers to strengthen SSI’s work in supporting permanency for children and young people.
- Tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, welfare/community services or a related discipline;
- Demonstrated experience working with vulnerable children, young people & their families;
- Knowledge of the permanency support program and/or experience in child protection/OOHC;
- Previous experience leading and managing a team;
- Experience in assessing, training or coaching staff or foster carers;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build long-lasting relationships coupled with intermediate level MS Office skills;
- A resilient Manager Casework who is not only a strong leader but is also a collaborative team player who is able to operate with the highest levels of integrity;
- Holder of full unrestricted NSW drivers’ license.
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs, three days of culture and well-being leave
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
- Opportunity to work in multiple offices across Sydney
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Apply Now and submit your application to be considered for this role
At SSI we have a zero-tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers.
SSI requires all employees to have received the required doses of Covid-19 Vaccination as a condition of ongoing employment. All successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including reference checks, confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination via digital certificate, WWCC, a Criminal History Check and NDIS Screening check (if applicable) as a reasonable condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Manager Casework (Permanency Support Program) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development