About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Quality and Assurance Manager to implement and meet internal and external WHS, quality, risk and NDIS quality and safeguard commission compliance standards. This is a Permanent Full Time opportunity working with the management team. You will plan, conduct and report on internal audits, assist with some NDIS reporting functions, respond to audit results and reporting requirements, improve quality, risk and compliance outcomes and act as our Return to Work Coordinator.
Your key responsibilities in the role are to:
- Ensure Windgap remains compliant with legislation and the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission framework
- Manage the day-to-day duties of Risk management systems and processes including risk assessments, support employees and managers to implement control mitigations, and data and trend analysis and making appropriate recommendations
- Assist with various reporting and control functions related to NDIS reportable incidents and positive behaviour support plan authorisations
- Be the first point of contact for any incidents and manage any investigations and potential claims
- Implement safety management systems through developing policies, procedures and documents as required.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has previous experience within an NDIS disability or human services organisation. You are highly organised, and have the ability to think both analytically and strategically whilst driving results under a continuous improvement framework. You will have an understanding of risk and compliance frameworks, NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission, Australian Standards, WHS regulations, and their practical application. Presentation of clear outcomes driven reporting and document management will be second nature to you.
Benefits and perks
An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the right candidate. Windgap also offers the following benefits:
- Salary packaging under Windgap’s PBI status
- Professional development, including any relevant paid training
- Employee assistance program
- You will be rewarded with a brilliant team culture, inspiring leadership and meaningful work, with a mission to enrich the lives of people with Intellectual Disability.
About the organisation
For over 65 years the Windgap Foundation has been dedicated to improving the quality of life for people living with an intellectual disability. As a not for profit, NDIS registered organisation Windgap are proud to inspire and create opportunities for our participants to be the best version of themselves in their community with individual choice and control through offering a range of services including:
- Accommodation services
- Day Programs
- Supported Employment
- School Leavers Support Services
- Life After Work
- Flexible Support Services
Windgap has received the Voice Project Best Workplace Award for 2021.
Windgap is dedicated to providing the highest standard of safety and care to its participants and employees. This is achieved by meeting, as a minimum, our own internal high standards, those established contractually with our funders including the NDIS, and through continuous improvement across all our services and systems.
For more information on Windgap visit us at www.windgap.org.au
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Safety, Health, Environment, Quality Manager via Pro Bono Australia.