About the role
We are seeking three skilled, highly motivated professionals to join our growing team, including a Development Executive and a Senior Development Executive based in Sydney, and a Development Executive based in Brisbane (or other QLD location as agreed).
These three fast-paced roles will suit talented early-career and mid-career professionals keen to make a positive impact on the future of Australia’s threatened wildlife by mobilising philanthropic support, primarily from generous individuals. You’ll be joining an extremely talented team of Development executives who are committed to raising funds to achieve great outcomes for conservation.
This is an incredibly exciting, fun and dynamic role – no two days are ever the same! Your key responsibilities include recruiting, building and stewarding an impressive portfolio of supporters, writing winning philanthropic grant applications, delivering a program of city-based functions as part of AWC’s 30 year celebrations, and organizing bespoke supporter events in some of the wildest places on the continent.
You are a consummate networker with a passion for saving Australia’s wildlife and a love for the great outdoors. To succeed in this role you will also need:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (a winning personality!).
- Experience engaging with high net worth individuals and with senior decision-makers in the corporate or government sector.
- Exceptional written skills and a proven ability to write compelling grant applications, persuasive business cases and letters.
- Outstanding presentation skills and a natural ability to inspire audiences of 1 to 100 – in person, on the phone or via zoom.
- Excellent organisational skills, including managing complex events, juggling multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
- A willingness and ability to travel to capital cities and to AWC sanctuaries for extended periods.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, innovative and extremely successful organisation that is playing a key role in shaping the future of conservation in Australia. A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience is available for each candidate with suitable professional, commercial or fundraising experience.
About the organisation
Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia, protecting threatened wildlife across a vast 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre. AWC is transforming conservation on the ground by deploying a practical, science-based model for conservation – one that is successfully halting the decline of Australia’s threatened wildlife and restoring our unique biodiversity. With 1800 animals and plants now threatened with extinction there is a real urgency to do more. We have ambitious plans to secure the future of Australia’s biodiversity and we are now expanding our fundraising team to help us achieve our vision.
How to apply
To submit an application, click ‘Apply Now’. You will be redirected to AWC’s career page to complete an online application form.
Your application must include a detailed covering letter outlining your suitability for this role, a copy of your CV and a sample of persuasive writing that you have written (ie. grant application, business case, or similar).
NOTE: applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. If Shortlisted, you will be asked to complete a short grant-writing exercise in advance of your interview.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 21 November 2021
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
Please quote in application: Senior Development Executive & Development Executives via Pro Bono Australia.