About the organisation
SharingStories Foundation works with First Nations communities to protect, maintain and grow language, stories and cultural heritage. Engaged as a culturally safe partner, SharingStories delivers community driven media and education initiatives that build capacity for cultural continuity, production and distribution of rich outcomes.
About the role
We are looking for a bright and motivated person to join our busy team! You will be working in a national notfor-profit organisation where strong meaningful partnerships with First Nations communities is vital to the work. This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to help us prepare for the launch of our exciting and innovative Connecting to Country App and Cultural Education Portal in 2022!
As a trainee, the successful applicant will have on the job training to develop general administrative and
management skills, as well as:
● Assisting team members with administrative and logistical tasks
● Entering data into information management systems, checking to ensure the accuracy of the data
● Responding and attending to enquiries in a timely and efficient manner with high level of customer service
and communication both internally and externally
● Management of all incoming and outgoing correspondence including emails and newsletters
The successful applicant must:
● Must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
● Have a genuine interest in administration
● Be eligible to complete a Certificate III
● Be able to work as part of a team
● Have a good level of computer literacy
● Have excellent communication skills
● Be willing to travel interstate if required, providing administrative support for project delivery
● Understanding of the protocols when working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Administration Officer (Identified Position) - Traineeship Certif via Pro Bono Australia.