About the organisation
ImpactInstitute is an award-winning impact advisory firm offering purpose-driven advisory, storytelling and events services.
We're a Certified B Corp., focused on helping people experience your organisation’s purpose.
Formed by the merger of Social Impact Institute (est. 2008) and Filtered Media (est. 2011), ImpactInstitute offers a full suite of advisory, marketing, communications, brand storytelling, research, data and events services.
Our proprietary tools and platforms are used by socially-oriented organisations. They include the Impact Index, Impact-driven Organisational Toolkit, and Dataview (data visualisation platform).
About the role
Unique opportunity for a Head of Social Impact to join specialist impact advisory, brand storytelling and events firm, ImpactInstitute.
We help organisations change the world in positive, measurable and meaningful ways.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Head of Social Impact will help drive ImpactInstitute’s ambitious growth plans by collaborating on development and delivery of advisory products, as well as managing a team that offers bespoke strategic advisory services.
Your demonstrated experience and passion for social change, impact measurement and impact reporting will enable you to assist NGOs, government bodies and corporates to ensure their purpose is experienced by clients and customers.
Your experience in a leadership position will stand you in good stead as you lead impact advisory engagements, develop client relationships and encompass all aspects of marketing, finance, business development and human resources.
Day-to-day, the Head of Social Impact is responsible for:
- Client relationships: provide proactive and highly nuanced client liaison, key insights and recommendations, expectation management and account growth.
- Project expertise: contribute expertise in social impact measurement (or related fields eg. monitoring and evaluation) to social impact projects
- Product development: develop effective and profitable Impact Advisory products, supporting a continuous improvement process.
- Business development: support the development and sustaining of a strong sales and marketing, and business development capability within the business
- Internal engagement: build and lead a team, providing regular coaching, mentoring and reviews to ensure the team can operate at their very best at all times
- Tertiary qualification in social impact measurement and/or Monitoring and Evaluation and/or higher degree such as Masters or PhD
- 5-8 years conducting impact/outcomes measurement and/or monitoring, evaluation and learning activity
- 5+ years’ working life experience at a senior management-level
- Demonstrated experience measuring and evaluating project or program impact
- Experience in social research skills and translation of research knowledge into practice
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of key B2B and B2C sectors including, but not limited to, not-for-profit, health, education, social service and government
- Passionate about social change and social impact measurement
- Energised working across multiple projects and deadlines
- Curiosity and good listening skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Committed to continuous learning and improvement
- Customer-service oriented
Be part of a team that makes measurable difference in the world.
We pride ourselves on cultivating an engaging workplace culture and our people enjoy flexible working conditions, spirited creative discussions and an attractive, comfortable workspace in Chatswood.
As a certified B Corp, ImpactInstitute is committed to balancing purpose and profit with creating a workplace and culture our people are proud to be part of.
- Flexible work practices
- YOLO Day – special leave for those one-off opportunities
- Marilyn Day – birthday leave to celebrate your special milestones
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Curiosity Lab professional development program
This full-time role is available for a January start.
How to apply
Send your CV as an attached PDF or Word document together with any documents that showcase relevant examples of impact advisory experience.
Please quote in application: Head of Social Impact via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Bcorp, #Community_Support_Services, #Consulting, #CSR, #Disabilities, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Government, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development, #Religion_and_Religious_Groups, #Social_Enterprise