About the organisation
Australian Red Cross is part of the worlds largest humanitarian movement. We support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability. We act for humanity.
About the role
- Permanent full time role, flexible location
- Drive bequest stewardship and retention strategy
- Be part of the worlds largest humanitarian movement
Bequests are a significant revenue stream for the Australian Red Cross.
In this role, you will lead the implementation of the organisations bequest stewardship and retention strategy with the aim of increasing income, deepening relationships with bequestors and building a robust pipeline.
A key responsibility will be relationship management of confirmed, intending and considering bequest donors to maximise retention rates, conversion and ongoing support.
You will work with Fundraising Program Managers, Partnerships team and other relevant stakeholders to identify prospects for conversion and cultivation.
Working within a KPI framework you will operate within a strategic approach to ensure the future development of the portfolio.
What you will bring
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills and respectful ways of working with colleagues across the organization
- Demonstrated experience in retention and stewardship management
- Excellent collaboration and presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders
- Role models excellent behaviours and fosters accountability, passion and trust in team.
- A curious mindset that analyses market and global trends with a courageous approach to innovation
- Expertise across Word, Excel and other relevant software programs
- A commitment to the Fundamental Principles of Red Cross
We utilise Covid-19 safe practices
We encourage all of our employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and a number of states have mandated that Red Cross employees must be vaccinated to perform work for us. Please make sure that you are able to comply with these government requirements or have the appropriate medical exemption information available.
Why work with us?
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
Red Cross respects, values and encourages diversity. We believe that diversity in our people enriches our organisation as well as the impact we have.
To find out more about this opportunity please refer to the position description below.
For additional enquiries, please contact Sophie Helou on 0412 317 904 for a confidential discussion.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Bequest Relationship Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Humanitarian