About the organisation
CLCAC is the largest and most eminent corporate entity representing the rights and interests of Traditional Owners in the southern Gulf of Carpentaria. We draw our membership from the nine Aboriginal language groups whose traditional lands and waters are located in the
We play an important role to play in not only ensuring that we help protect the rights and interests of Traditional Owners, but also do what we can to empower our people to take advantage of opportunities and respond to the challenges of the future.
About the role
- Drive and develop economic growth for Traditional Owners of the Southern Gulf
- Lead the PBC Project Officers toward continuous improvement and successful outcomes
- Commencement late February 2022
Carpentaria Land Council Aboriginal Corporation (CLCAC) has an exciting new opportunity for a passionate and driven professional to support and steer economic development and capacity building for our Prescribed Body Corporate Unit and Traditional Owners.
Based in the thriving regional City of Cairns in Far North Queensland, surrounded by lush tropical rainforest and on the doorstep to the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef and Wet Tropics Rainforests; this opportunity offers the perfect work-life balance.
This is a diverse, challenging, and hands-on role, where you will build on current initiatives to drive new business and economic development opportunities in the region. We will look to you to provide strategic and commercial planning support for PBC’s to ensure they are viable and sustainable in the long term.
You will use your initiative to provide information and advice to the Traditional Owners and communities of the Southern Gulf of Carpentaria, identifying new and emerging opportunities and
developing strategies that bring a positive impact on economic development.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the establishment and expansion of economic activity within Indigenous communities and PBCs driven by improved organisational capacity, enterprise and employment opportunities and outcomes
- Driving and implementing innovative, long-term capacity and economic development plans
- Prioritising capacity building and economic development opportunities for the Southern Gulf, whilst expanding existing programs and supporting self-sufficiency
- Actively seeking out potential new partnerships whose values and principles align with the CLCAC
- Lead the negotiation and development of annual proposals, key deliverables, milestones and schedules for PBC Capacity and Economic Development projects
- Taking part in creating a culture where all employees maintain a workplace that supports diversity and an inclusivity
Our ideal candidate will have strong experience in team management. Tertiary level Qualifications in Business Management, Community Development or Australian Indigenous Studies. A working background in Economics is highly desirable.
This is a genuine opportunity to lead our organisation into the future and enjoy a role where you can make a positive contribution to our communities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Capacity and Economic Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Indigenous