About the organisation
Hanson is a leader in building and construction materials with an extensive production and logistics network across Australia.
We use world-class technologies and service platforms to supply a comprehensive range of high-quality concrete, aggregates and sand. We also produce road base, asphalt and sustainable and recycled construction materials for civil construction and infrastructure projects.
Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, which employs over 59,000 people across five continents. HeidelbergCement is a global leader in aggregates and has leading positions in cement, concrete and heavy building products.
About the role
This is an exciting role for someone who is looking to get into the sustainability space to do great things for people and the planet.
You’ll never be bored, and you’ll be in the fastest growing, priority area of a leading Australian construction materials company. You’ll help drive our effort to reduce social impact as our new Corporate Social Responsibility Manager. This role can be located in Melbourne or Brisbane.
This role can be either a full time or a part time role and would suit someone needing flexible hours of work.
You will be responsible for the development of the CSR strategy and coordinating the development of community engagement actions with all operations nationally in alignment with global targets.
In your new role, you will be:
- Develop a national CSR strategy and roadmap with focus on shared value opportunities in the areas of education, improvement of local infrastructure and the environment.
- Coordinate CSR risk assessment for all sites.
- Develop community engagement plans for all sites to the level as determined by risk assessment or regulation, including tools and strategies for engaging regularly with local stakeholders. To be done in coordination with site managers.
- Support operations in the creation of lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with non-profits and community groups.
- Management of metrics to drive CSR performance, accountability and transparency.
- Coordinate volunteering initiatives to support in the achievement of national targets.
- Training operations in the use of their community engagement plans.
This role is a great fit for you, if you have:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in similar roles.
- IAP2 certification is strongly desirable.
- Working knowledge of corporate social responsibility and what it means for businesses.
- Knowledge UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- A Positive and influential presence in building strong and effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively and solutions focused mindset.
- Negotiation and conflict mitigation experience.
What we offer:
- You will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package
- You’ll be part of growing global organisation
- You’ll be provided ongoing career and development opportunities
Our culture is driven by our values of High Performance, Respect and Integrity, A Sense of Ownership, Accountability and Collaboration.
These values are the backbone to our success and help create an inclusive and supportive workplace.
We grow and develop our own leaders through numerous pathways including a structured graduate program, internships and operational and trades roles. We recruit great people, we train them well, and we make sure they have the right experience to build a successful career.
We value diversity and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we are part of and support. We are seeking to improve and embrace diversity in our workforce which will lead to improved safety, performance and operational outcomes.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: CSR Manager via Pro Bono Australia.