About the organisation
Carriageworks is the largest and most significant contemporary multi-arts centre of its kind in Australia. The Carriageworks Artistic Program is ambitious, risk taking and provides significant support to leading Australian and international artists through commissioning and presenting contemporary work. The program is artist-led and emerges from Carriageworks’ commitment to reflecting social and cultural diversity.
Carriageworks is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and flexible workforce. Carriageworks strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultures and people with disability.
Please note that it is currently a condition of entry into our workplace and venues that all staff and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. If you are successful for the role, you will need to provide proof of your vaccination certification.
About the role
We are seeking a Facilities Manager to oversee the facility maintenance program in support of Carriageworks as a venue and destination of high quality. As part of the Operations Team, you will manage the ongoing delivery of an effective and efficient maintenance program for one of the nation’s leading arts and cultural assets, in partnership with Create NSW. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Precinct’s facilities and will build relationships with contractors and other commercial partners to develop environmentally sustainable systems. You will be a key member of the delivery of the NSW Government’s Arts Maintenance Upgrade Program that will provide significant upgrades to the infrastructure of Carriageworks.
- Manage all essential services across the precinct, monitoring performance of each contractor with regards to safety, timeliness, quality standards and pricing. Review and approve all invoices and renew, retender contracts as required and in partnership with the Head of Operations.
- Manage the annual certification process with Create NSW and preferred contractors.
- Identify maintenance issues, coordinate the internal maintenance program, and advise the Head of Operations of major maintenance projects required.
- Ensure all planned maintenance tasks are undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Provide a point of contact to respond to urgent maintenance work (corrective or reactive, major, and minor) and issue instructions to contractors as required.
- Manage the key and security system of the building and advise of upgrades as required.
- Coordinate waste management with the cleaning and waste management contractor, ensuring efficient and sustainable practices are used and the precinct is presented to the highest standard at all times.
- Coordinate the maintenance and certification of all facility plant and equipment, ensuring all equipment meets the relevant Australian Standards and are working efficiently.
- Manage the Workshop, maintaining a clean and safe space at all times.
- Work as an effective team member to ensure that the organisation’s objectives are met.
- Work with an awareness of, and a commitment to, Workplace Health and Safety.
- Relevant and equivalent experience in an arts facility or other related public facility.
- Experience with building, asset, and facility software management systems.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint
- Experience in managing contractors.
- Knowledge and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S).
- Strong commitment to high quality customer service standards.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- A current High Risk Work licence for forklifts (class LF)
- A current EWP yellow card for all scissor lifts (SL), vertical man lift (VL) and boom lifts under 11m
- A High-Risk Work licence for boom lifts over 11m (class WP)
- Working at Heights certificate
- First Aid certificate
- General minor maintenance skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- An interest in sustainability practices.
- A broad understanding of the arts and cultural industries.
- Good communication skills including interpersonal, influencing, advocacy, negotiation, conflict resolution and writing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S).
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: FACILITIES MANAGER via Pro Bono Australia.