About the organisation
About the role
Safe Places for Children provides young people at risk with intensive therapeutic support and supervision in a homely and welcoming residential care setting. Since opening their doors in 2006, they have made a difference in the lives of more than 1800 young people ranging in age from young children to 18 years, who exhibit complex emotional and behavioural problems. Their approach is based on small, stable, and consistent teams that build trust with the young person, stabilise their behaviours, and give them a sense of hope and direction. With 16 regional areas in five states across Australia, they continue to consolidate and grow operations.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced human resources leader to join the Senior Management team as General Manager Human Resources. Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager, Human Resources, leads a team that partner with and supports the organisation to deliver on their purpose.
Safe Places for Children has grown rapidly, and as such, a key focus will be to enhance and grow the Human Resources capability, ensuring high quality and consistent advice and practices are consistently provided to the organisation. Strategically and operationally, the General Manager, Human Resources will:
- Develop programs and practices that align to the overall and specific practice area strategies
- Support, educate and provide best practice advice to managers ensuring workforce plans and strategies build capability through organisational develop and learning and development and deliver on recruitment requirements through talent acquisition and onboarding strategies
- Finalise the roll out and embedding of the capability framework, leading leadership development initiatives
- Build a strong, capable, engaged team with a customer centric approach to partnering and supporting the organisation to deliver services
- For the HR team, develop and monitor KPIs, adopting consistent standards and approaches
- Work closely with the IR team to ensure alignment of practices and approaches
To be successful in this exciting role you will have extensive Human Resources leadership experience in growing and evolving environments that are geographically spread. Experience in a large social enterprise providing critical services will be well regarded along with a demonstrated reputation for enabling and supporting growth and expansion of service delivery. A values-led, team-oriented people leader, you will be able to provide evidence of your success building capability through an enabling, partnering approach.
Further information regarding this opportunity can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the role success profile.
To apply please submit your resume along with a 1-2 page cover letter that outlines how you align to the requirements above. Confidential enquiries can be made to Natasha Olsson-Seeto or Donna Harvey OnTalent on 07 3305 5800.
How to apply
Please quote in application: General Manager Human Resources via Pro Bono Australia.