About the organisation
Melbourne International Comedy Festival is one of the world’s great comedy festivals and one of Australia’s largest and most loved cultural events.
Conceived to promote the comedic arts in Australia, Melbourne International Comedy Festival has earned its global reputation through creative, eclectic programming. The organisation is active year-round with the presentation of the annual four-week festival complemented by national and international touring, education programs and artistic development activities.
The Festival values and encourages inventiveness, diligence and respect for all. Melbourne International Comedy Festival staff contribute as a team to the production of the Festival and have the opportunity for input in a variety of areas. An ability to communicate effectively and collaborate in a way that enables efficient and professional delivery of all aspects of the Festival's operations is essential.
About the role
Melbourne International Comedy Festival is seeking a Payroll and Accounts Assistant to manage the payroll process of casual employees and provide accounts payable support to the Festival’s Finance Managers in order to ensure the efficient handling of payroll and accounting matters for Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
We are looking for a person with the following skills and experience:
- Competency and demonstrated experience in a similar large full function payroll position
- Experience with and expertise in applications MYOB (essential), Excel (essential), Deputy (desirable), MoneyWorks (training can be provided)
- Thorough knowledge of The Fair Work Act and the Live Performance Award (LPA)
- Superior discretion and proven ability in the management of sensitive and confidential personal information
- Exceptional numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to a deadline with close attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a festival cycle that involves some work outside standard business hours
This 16-week contract will commence on 21 February 2022 and end 10 June 2022.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Payroll and Accounts Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.