About the organisation
About the role
Impact your world!
At Mission to Seafarers, we care about almost 2M Seafarers who are on ships at any time. Their job is tough and can be dangerous. They labour for many long hours to bring the cars, electrical goods and fuel from all over the world to make our lives pleasant. On the return journey they take our wheat, wool, iron ore and minerals to markets all over the world. You can help make their lives a little better and impact their world.
During Covid, the Seafarers have been not allowed off the vessels. They are “trapped” for months, up to 18 months on their vessels. We have helped bring SIM cards to allow them to phone home, shampoo and toothpaste to feel good at the end of a busy day, and some gifts to take home to the family.
In this role, you would spend one day a week to connect with our generous supporters and tell them about what we are doing via Web and Social Media posts, blogs and newsletters. You can help more and more people know about this great work and be encouraged to help. What could be a better than to maximizing today’s digital power and amplify our reach!
The key activities in this role are :-
Content creation of communications and execution of appeal campaigns
- Seasonal campaigns that stir people’s hearts and souls like, Christmas, Father’s Day, Seafarers Day etc
- Leverage events to tell our story
- Bequest communication
Web & Social Media
- codevelop a plan to refresh and upgrade the Website.
- Narrate our stories through compelling blogs and posts
Instagram, Facebook etc,
- explore best practice capture interest in emotionally engaging ways
Communications & Advertising
- prepare/edit the newsletter and stories for publication
- communicate with media to expand coverage
- Build an events calendar for 2022 and link to the Fundraising Plan.
Strengthening our community network: None of us know everything so you would partner with other not for Profits to share best practice and keep learning.
We would like to attract a person who :-
- Has a commitment to our vision and values
- Demonstrated interest in the charity and philanthropy sector.
- Humility and the ability to work and communicate effectively with colleagues and supporters.
- Is Social Media savvy and loves to tell stories.
You may be a recent graduate or a gig worker, we would love to connect.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, and attach a short cover note addressing the above and your CV to begin the process.
How to apply
Please send a brief cover letter addressing some of the key criteria and your CV to begin the process.
Please quote in application: Supporter and Communications Coordinator - 1 day a week via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Humanitarian, #Other, #Religion_and_Religious_Groups