About the organisation
Our client Bethania Lutheran Primary School is an independent co-educational school providing quality education for children from Prep to Year 6, based on the principles of the Christian faith as taught by the Lutheran Church of Australia. Bethania was founded in January 1976, and has a strong reputation for high educational quality and dynamic, innovative programs and are part of Lutheran Education QLD.
About the role
Undergoing a period of strong growth, they are now seeking to appoint a Business Manager
to work directly with the Principal. In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for all
of the business administration and financial control of the school, including the annual
budget, cash flow, fees collection, rebates, payment of accounts and all property matters.
You will also be responsible for the financial and administrative functions of the school as
well as the day-to day management and leadership of staff including Bus drivers, WHS key
staff, marketing, maintenance and cleaners.
Some other responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring a Christ centred culture is maintained within the school
- Preparation of the annual budget and financial plan for all aspects of the Schools operation.
- Maintaining a sound relationship between the School, local Lutheran community and wider community.
- Overseeing the management of a range of general risk and compliance areas, to ensure that proper practices are adopted and followed by staff.
- Attendance at School Council and Finance committee meetings.
- Development and maintenance of the administrations ICT systems.
- Preparation of end of year financial statements and statutory returns.
The successful candidate will be Tertiary qualified in Business, commerce/ or accounting and possess a track record of genuine achievement in business leadership and administration where you have instigated change and improved business processes. We are seeking an astute finance leader who can provide exemplary financial leadership and skill to an organisation, possesses excellent verbal and written skills, is a servant leader who models a Christ centred lifestyle and has proven experience in providing timely, accurate and high-quality financial reports to executive management and Boards. Your experience within Education or not-for-profit sectors will be highly regarded as will your experience working with property projects. The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this highly respected Christian school and a generous salary package is being offered to attract the right candidate.
How to apply
To apply for this key role please forward your CV and covering letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org - for further information please call Linton Deane on 03 9653 9468.
Please quote in application: Business Manager via Pro Bono Australia.