About the organisation
About the role
Climate Action Network Australia (CANA) is a network based organisation that brings together and supports its members and their allies in taking action against climate change.
Through coordination and collaboration, CANA provides a forum for its members to work together on campaigns and projects whose shared goal and vision is to create a fair and sustainable Australia where people and nature are protected from the dangers of climate change and pollution.
Benefits & Culture
- Remotely based; flexible work from home
- Satisfaction in bringing about positive environmental change
Following on from the recent growth of the organisation, you will work with a highly engaged board to lead and shape the direction of CANA by developing and delivering a new organisational strategy.
Specifically you will:
- Foster collaboration with senior executives of Australia’s leading environmental organisations, NGO’s, government and commercial organisations to develop shared strategies and campaign opportunities tackling climate change
- Provide inspirational, collaborative and confident leadership to a talented and dedicated team
- Identify further opportunities to diversify funding and income sources
- Deliver on strategic objectives and ensure high quality governance across the organisation
- Provide representation for CANA’s members, international networks, key stakeholders and media
You are an experienced senior people leader and expert strategist who has worked within the non-profit sector and is passionate and committed to driving action on climate change. You are a clear and effective communicator with a high level of emotional intelligence who can confidentially navigate the political landscape.
Additionally you will demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop and implement strategy, good governance and inspire a clear vision
- Provide persuasive, influential and energetic leadership
- Foster and leverage networks that builds consensus on strategy and campaigns
- Successfully engage and work collaboratively with high level stakeholders
- Deliver sound financial management and operational excellence
If you want to be at the centre of addressing Australia’s urgent climate crisis, then apply now by sending your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required above. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri to discuss your interest on (03) 8080 8977
Please note this role closes on the 8th of May, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.